Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: TRG System HELP!

Searles8277

The bus cable goes through the inside and the string on the outside. same same.

Post Thanks / Like

Just looked at the pics you emailed, the string/cable are routed correctly, however, it looks like the TRG is slid forward too far causing the cable/string to ride against the stop at the end of the TRG throughout a good portion of the drawcycle.

The string/cable should be resting almost against the front stop on the TRG at brace and just barely make contact with the rear stop at full draw. I hope they sent you both a string and cable as both look to need replacing along with the TRG.

Advantage Custom Strings

Searles8277

The dealer did that to put less pressure on the TRG after we noticed the problem beginning. He thought that was the problem originally. Moving it forward slowed down the wear problem but obviously wasn't the solution.

Searles8277

Oh and by the way ....yes they are sending a new TRG, String, and Cable.

Post Thanks / Like

My suggestion would be to install the new parts, set the TRG to its factory spot and shoot the bow making sure to keep the string/cable waxed at the areas where they make contact with the TRG and see what happens.
    I think there may have been several issues that combined to create your problem.
    The initial serving contact probably caused a rough surface area on the TRG and possably when the dealer moved the TRG hoping to lessen the problem he put the cable into contact with a rough spot that was hidden at the end inside the TRG.

The only issue I've seen so far with the TRG was on an Onza and it was self inflicted, I tried using cameze liquid on the contact areas of the cables and it actually sped up the wear instead of stopping it.
    The new cables I built are holding up really well with just routine waxing, no signs of wear with 100+ shots so far.

Advantage Custom Strings