Thread: Martin Quiver Adjustability?

bullet225ho

Default Martin Quiver Adjustability?

Hey folks.

I'm looking at getting an 8 arrow quiver for a new bow. I'm liking the Martin 8 arrow quiver....similar to the super quiver without the extras.

My main concern is if the quiver is adjustable up and down. I see a slit in the main support for the mount and I also see the holes up and down the support.

I will need to be able to adjust the entire quiver up from the slit.....basically using the holes closer to the arrow grabbers.......so I can keep the arrows inside of the axles of the bow. Other wise the fletchings would be well below the bottom axle. Can't have that.

Can I adjust this quiver up to center my arrows?

Thanks a bunch.

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bullet225ho View Post
    Hey folks.

I'm looking at getting an 8 arrow quiver for a new bow. I'm liking the Martin 8 arrow quiver....similar to the super quiver without the extras.

My main concern is if the quiver is adjustable up and down. I see a slit in the main support for the mount and I also see the holes up and down the support.

I will need to be able to adjust the entire quiver up from the slit.....basically using the holes closer to the arrow grabbers.......so I can keep the arrows inside of the axles of the bow. Other wise the fletchings would be well below the bottom axle. Can't have that.

Thanks a bunch.
    Welcome to the forum. Can you post a pic of the quiver you are talking about. I know the Martin 4arrow quiver I have is adj up or down by about 2 inches. So centering is not a problem.
    But I am not sure which quiver you are talking about. If you can't post a pic, post a link.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Looking at the pic on the webstore, it appears to have about 2-3" of adjustment.

Advantage Custom Strings

bullet225ho

Here's a pic.

I will need to adjust it up into where the blue circle is to get the fletchings in between the axles.

The big black lines is where I'd like the adjustment to be.....From what I'm seeing the small black lines may the the max adjustment.

bullet225ho

This is my old bow that I'm replacing.

I carried over a quiver on that bow that was purchased in 1994. It's a nicely built Proline quiver....but it's HEAVY. Heavy aluminum bracing and such. With a very beefy mount.

As you can see it's a dove tail design also and to keep it centered on my bow I have to lock it down almost in the very bottom hole.

I'm debating on transfering it to my new bow, but camo is wrong and like I said...it's heavy.

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I am afraid that you are not going to get that quiver to adjust that much. My quiver only has 2 to 3 inches. And to quiver you are looking at has the same adjustment.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bullet225ho View Post
    Hey folks.

Thanks a bunch.
    Actually, you can make the quiver fit like that with a few modifications.
    The outside black piece has two posts that the screws go thru. You need to file down the outside edges of these and then that piece will fit thru any of the two big 'lightening' holes in the support.
    Then on the inner dovetailed piece (grey) you need to cut off the rib that is in the center, between the screw posts.
    Then it will screw together between any two big holes in the support.
    However - - - I dont recommend this because when it is attached this way all the topend weight and vibration will end up breaking the plastic mount.
    Another consideration is that Martin's new quivers have a 'cam lock' mount, or something, so it may not be the same.
    If you are set on using a Martin 8 arrow or Super Quiver I would look for a older (used) one because they didn't have any of the holes in them and they used metal mounts instead of plastic. You can drill a couple holes and mount at will.
    They are heavier but you can drill out the rest of the support to lighten it up and the mount will not crack.

Sorry Hutch!

I have 5 or 6 of the 8 arrow units (new and old) and 3 Super Quivers that I have mounted on just about everything, Martin and otherwise.

Post Thanks / Like

I have the older '96 vintage 8 arrow Martin quiver on my '96 Firecat with aluminum back bar. The only holes were where it attached to a dovetail bracket and bolt hole hole used for securing to bow mounted base.

It has a fair amount of adjustment, including forward/back tilt. The back bar on mine has a dogleg in it, but probably could drill new holes to raise more.

Problem you may have on old models is camo pattern you want. Mine matches my Firecat, but it's Advantage Camo. Think one on my kids bow is Mossy Oak, and one I had previously was the long gone Tree-Bark.
    2009 Martin Bengal M2 Pro Cam w/factory STS & CCS.....66lbs, 29" DL, 422gr @ 272fps, Winners Choice string/cable, Trophy Taker drop-away Rest, Scott Release
    1996 Martin Firecat XRG Pro Series w/Ultra Sonic wheels.....69lbs, 29" DL, 465gr @ 245fps, w/fingers & Martin leather glove