Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Silencer in my future?

Post Thanks / Like

If you look at the martin website, it says that the A2A is approximate. So today I measured my Silencer and found that the A2A is 32" dead on. Just thought you would like to know that.

Post Thanks / Like

sound like fun bfisher i might have to look for a used model as a project bow.this is the best looking riser i have seen in a while

Post Thanks / Like

If you look at the Martin Tech area under 2011 specs it shows that the ATA for the Silencer is 32. I measured mine and it was 32 1/4. Once I got about 9 twists into the cables, I'm finally down to 32. The bow pretty quiet. As the shooter, it sounds a little loud, but my buddy shooting next to me noted that he thought it was very quiet. I haven't gotten a speed reading or weight of draw on it since changing the ATA, as last night I was building a draw board to make sure I didn't screw up the cam timing. Once I get a reading on these I'll get it posted. Very happy with the Silencer, but then I haven't shot the X.

Just as a starting reference, Measured speed was 285fps with 55#, 29" 380gr.
    -2011 Martin Silencer 63# 29.5", Limbsaver prism elite .029 sight, Alpine Whisperflite drop away rest, Alpine 5 arrow quiver, G5 1/4" Meta Peep, Carbon Express 8" stabilizer, Gold Tip Warrior and Expedition Hunter (385gr), G5 Montec
    -2011 Martin Silencer, 73# 29.5", Limbsaver prism elite .019 sight, QAD Ultra Rest Pro LD, Tight Spot 5 arrow quiver, 1/4" G5 Meta peep, Carbon Express 8" stabilizer, Gold Tip Expedition Hunter 7595 camo (441gr), G5 Montec BH.

Post Thanks / Like

Brem, I haven't shot an Alien X in a year or so. I did shoot a Silencer about 2 months ago. The only difference between the Silencer, and your old Firecat in the way they feel is a little less shock, and the new narrower grip. Personally, I like the old grip better. It just fit my hands more comfortably. The new grip is closer to what I remember the AX being. That being said, I don't think you'd be trading up to go to a Silencer. All personal preference though. If nothing else, it gives you a reason to go shoot a Silencer. lol