Thread: And then there were 11 or maybe 10?

Post Thanks / Like

Default And then there were 11 or maybe 10?

Well it finally got warm enough to shoot outside since getting the Bengal and as much as I like it, it already cost me money, lol. Even after reading all the posts about not shooting the same spot I just had to see how good I could group them with just a pin adjustment. With only 30 total shots thru it I have my first ever robinhood. Decided to shoot about 20 more at different spots 10, 15, and 20 yards after that. Could group 4 in a three inch ring at all distances. Others have said with the flatter shooting bows/arrows these days you could use one pin from zero to 20 yds and so I tried it and found I could do it and stay in the kill zone. Did I say I really like this bow. Anyway the question I have did I lose one or two arrows with the robinhood? First time out and don't even have a dozen arrows already. If they were aluminum I wouldn't hesitate to shoot the one but with carbons need advice. Thanks guys.

Post Thanks / Like

Clean it off real well and do the flex test, any noise toss it. Its better to be safe than sorry
    Last edited by Brem; 02-04-2011 at 12:21 PM.
    2010 Alien X
    29"/70#
    353gr GT Velocity XT 400 @ 320fps
    370gr GT Velocity Hunter 300 @ 315fps
    Tru-Fire Hurricane Release
    NAP Apache Rest
    Black Gold AMP 3 pin sight
    Limbsaver stabilizer
    G5 Montec

String builder/ Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by parttimr View Post
    Well it finally got warm enough to shoot outside since getting the Bengal and as much as I like it, it already cost me money, lol. Even after reading all the posts about not shooting the same spot I just had to see how good I could group them with just a pin adjustment. With only 30 total shots thru it I have my first ever robinhood. Decided to shoot about 20 more at different spots 10, 15, and 20 yards after that. Could group 4 in a three inch ring at all distances. Others have said with the flatter shooting bows/arrows these days you could use one pin from zero to 20 yds and so I tried it and found I could do it and stay in the kill zone. Did I say I really like this bow. Anyway the question I have did I lose one or two arrows with the robinhood? First time out and don't even have a dozen arrows already. If they were aluminum I wouldn't hesitate to shoot the one but with carbons need advice. Thanks guys.
    One is toast. The other needs to be checked here is a link that will show you how to properly check them. Don't trust it till you check it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6nIbvrMTbE

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Had watched that video before but forgot about it. Will do the test and hopefully save one of them. The other is completely gone since it penetrated halfway thru. Oh well now I have one to put in the EZ Fletch.

String builder/ Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Had watched that video before but forgot about it. Will do the test and hopefully save one of them. The other is completely gone since it penetrated halfway thru. Oh well now I have one to put in the EZ Fletch.
    Hey, been there done that. 3 days after I built my arrows I lost one. Than that night I robin hooded one. So I understand shoot for the dots. But still I get daring every once in a while.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Well, it is your first one, might want to keep 'em, makes a heck of a conversation piece. I know that I wish I still had that first one. Two 2014 X7s shot it with a Bear HC 30, a 72" recurve during winter leagues 1967.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://cascadianbowmen.com/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Have thought about keeping it for that reason. Now that I know I can group them like that it's individual spots from now on. Can't keep buying arrows, lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Can't keep buying arrows, lol.
    Gotta agree with you there. I think it goes back to the statement "money doesn't grow on trees". lol
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com