Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: im trying to figure out my fps on my 2010 bengal...

Post Thanks / Like

Default im trying to figure out my fps on my 2010 bengal...

well this is what ive got.2010 bengal set with acutrac cams,stock string,the roller ccs,and the sts.28.5 draw length.shooting at 73 pounds.my arrows are goldtip pro hunter seires 0.001 straightnes.100 grain field tip.arrows are rated 75-95#.how can i figure out what fps im shooting at.i know its fast and i am verry happy with it.but i am just looking to know more about my bow.

Post Thanks / Like

You could figure out fps by using a chronograph, but if you don't have access to one, alot of guys on here say the calculator at http://www.backcountrybowhunting.com/articles/calc/ seems to be pretty close. Good luck, keep us posted.
    2012 Alien X

Post Thanks / Like

Default bengal

well i used that calcuator and it said im shooting 328 fps.and 81 foot pounds or torqu.if thats right then wow,it got some zing behind it.
    Last edited by gravedigger; 02-05-2011 at 10:36 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gravediggermtv View Post
    well i used that calcuator and it said im shooting 328 fps.and 81 foot pounds or torqu.if thats right then wow,it got some zing behind it.
    When I ran your specs the calculator showed me only 301 fps and 73 ft. lb. of kinetic energy, which is excellent, but not the speed you stated. I don't know what your arrows weigh, but I used the lightest weight the calculator told me for your setup.
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Working up the arrow on GT's website it comes up to 420 grains. That's figuring a 28" shaft, 2" Blazers, acculite nock. Plugging the numbers into Backcountry calculator and using 317 fps for IBO speed, 20 grains on the string it calculates a speed of 281 fps with 74 lbs.ft of energy.

This would probably be the maximum speed your bow will achieve if it's tuned very finely. Real world? I'd subtract some more and estimate that it's more like about 270 fps.

A lot of people over estimate things. I've had a lot of people say my arrows are zipping along at 300 fps when in reality they were only dong around 250 to 260. So much for eyeballs.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

i will have to find a range that can get me on a radar or something.i dont know all the tec terms.but like i said im happy with it.i just took it to my local dealer he went threw it for me.on tuesday im going in to get a new string put on.does anyone have any sugestions on what to get.if not im going with winners choice.

Post Thanks / Like

really i would like to pump it up as mush as i can.its my first bow.im doing great on my groups.just trying to get ready for elk seson.i have a nice outdoor 3d range with 40 real life condition targets and i have been spending a good amount of time ther and im not doing bad at all.

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gravediggermtv View Post
    i will have to find a range that can get me on a radar or something.i dont know all the tec terms.but like i said im happy with it.i just took it to my local dealer he went threw it for me.on tuesday im going in to get a new string put on.does anyone have any sugestions on what to get.if not im going with winners choice.
    If you have a dicks sporting goods around you can put a few arrows through there chronograph and find out what speed you are doing. They don't charge much to do that. As far as strings many different makers but try H&M strings or go to archerytalk and look at the string builders on there.

HUTCH
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

i do have a dicks sporting goods about 15 miles from my house.i will have to head out ther.thanks for the tips.

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

One thing to remember all your specs need to be right to get the most out of a bow. The ATA, BH, Cam position, Draw length. With all this correct the bow will preform well.

HUTCH
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com