Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: im trying to figure out my fps on my 2010 bengal...

Post Thanks / Like

my arrows are 8.9gpi cut at 27.5 with gt knocks and vane tech vanes.i got ni light,heavy weight arrows.and archers afield tuned it all sorts of nice for me.i will post what the fps is after i go to dicks sporting goods this week

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gravediggermtv View Post
    i will have to find a range that can get me on a radar or something.i dont know all the tec terms.but like i said im happy with it.i just took it to my local dealer he went threw it for me.on tuesday im going in to get a new string put on.does anyone have any sugestions on what to get.if not im going with winners choice.
    PM Archerx7 on here about string/cables.

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry archerx7 I forgot you make strings I will have to remember to promote you as a string maker.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gravediggermtv View Post
    my arrows are 8.9gpi cut at 27.5 with gt knocks and vane tech vanes.i got ni light,heavy weight arrows.and archers afield tuned it all sorts of nice for me.i will post what the fps is after i go to dicks sporting goods this week
    Ran it thru a program and if assuming an IBO of 315 / 80% let-off along with on previous data given and this additional info, looks like a 385gr arrow coming out at +/-298 fps......close to 76 on your KE

Looks like a nice arrow for that set-up.
    2009 Martin Bengal M2 Pro Cam w/factory STS & CCS.....66lbs, 29" DL, 422gr @ 272fps, Winners Choice string/cable, Trophy Taker drop-away Rest, Scott Release
    1996 Martin Firecat XRG Pro Series w/Ultra Sonic wheels.....69lbs, 29" DL, 465gr @ 245fps, w/fingers & Martin leather glove

Post Thanks / Like

i went into the shop looking to spend money on the best i can get(and they had no problem taking the money)for my bow.im going with winers choice,it will be instald next week.i was going to dicks sporting today to get a definate reading on fps,but superbowl got the best of me.maybe tomorrow,i will post my fps for sure this week.so far thanks for all the help and info.i will try to post some pics.

Post Thanks / Like

Default bengal.

here is a cell phone pic,it really does not do it justice.but im happy with it
    Attached Images Attached Images

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Real World Speeds......

not to burst your bubble, but i just chrono'd mine and i was at 265fps
    my specs are
    29 draw length
    67lbs pull weight
    344 grain arrows, carbon express maxima's 250, 29 3/8ths long...
    vapor trail strings which are in excellant shape....
    Martins whisker biscuit...if i were to go to a drop away i would gain 3-5fps more....

so i would have to think you would be around 270 fps.....
    I've been researching the martin bows speed online for days....& i've come to the conclusion that the martin bengals, moabs, tr1 firecats are 10-15 fps slower than the advertised ratings.....
    it's dissappointing, but it's reality.....
    does it shoot good still, yep, it will still go thru deer.....
    I'm getting 265fps.....
    i should be around 285fps at the worst.....
    I'm losing 20-25fps somehow....my specs seem to be in order and the the cam is in sync......
    Martin really should put the bengal type bows fps around 305fps instead of 315-320...it would be more truthful......

*here's the funny thing, it's shoots very flat out to 30 yards.......that's what puzzles me.....
    my 20 yard pin is good to 30 yards....
    I'm tempted to sell it cuz i'm losing 20-25fps......

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WestMichiganBowhunter View Post
    not to burst your bubble, but i just chrono'd mine and i was at 265fps
    .........I'm losing 20-25fps somehow.......
    I also think the 320 end of the IBO rating is a bit optimistic, BUT also I still think something isn't quite right with yours.
    You can see in my signature that I shoot 65lbs at 29", with 426gr arrow at 270fps. Recently made a vane change on my arrow putting 6 arrow average at 422.1grs. Had nice weather here Saturday and shoot a few rounds outside in good light thru my chronograph......dozen or so shots ranged from 270 - 272, averaging out at 270.6

I do want to mention that when I first took the chronny out, is had been sitting in a cold shed and it was mid morning winter light. First shots were 80, 86 and 121.
    Went back in until early afternoon for sun and temps to rise and started seeing my typical +/-270 speeds again.
    2009 Martin Bengal M2 Pro Cam w/factory STS & CCS.....66lbs, 29" DL, 422gr @ 272fps, Winners Choice string/cable, Trophy Taker drop-away Rest, Scott Release
    1996 Martin Firecat XRG Pro Series w/Ultra Sonic wheels.....69lbs, 29" DL, 465gr @ 245fps, w/fingers & Martin leather glove

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RLW View Post
    I also think the 320 end of the IBO rating is a bit optimistic, BUT also I still think something isn't quite right with yours.
    You can see in my signature that I shoot 65lbs at 29", with 426gr arrow at 270fps. Recently made a vane change on my arrow putting 6 arrow average at 422.1grs. Had nice weather here Saturday and shoot a few rounds outside in good light thru my chronograph......dozen or so shots ranged from 270 - 272, averaging out at 270.6

I do want to mention that when I first took the chronny out, is had been sitting in a cold shed and it was mid morning winter light. First shots were 80, 86 and 121.
    Went back in until early afternoon for sun and temps to rise and started seeing my typical +/-270 speeds again.
    idea here
    maybe i should send out my bow to either you or hutch and son and have ya tune it...?
    the way the string is in relation to the cam, going from the photos online here and other sites....my string and cam are good.....
    my ata measurement was 32 7/8 approx and the brace height was like at 7 inches...

I'm also thinking this is a bunch of BS with my bengal if i'm perfectly tuned......lol
    I don't think the chrono machine was off on it's #'s........the archery shop owner was there helping us with the machine...and his indoor shooting arena was very warm in there...like 70 degrees.....
    the last time i shot 265fps was when i owned a mathews switchback at 62lbs.......& that was with 377 grain beman ics 500 arrows....

I will say that the string is touching the sts a bit firmly.....probably need to shave down the sts rod and then put the rubber stopper back on.
    Last edited by WestMichiganBowhunter; 02-09-2011 at 05:38 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WestMichiganBowhunter View Post
    idea here
    maybe i should send out my bow to either you or hutch and son and have ya tune it...?
    the way the string is in relation to the cam, going from the photos online here and other sites....my string and cam are good.....
    my ata measurement was 32 7/8 approx and the brace height was like at 7 inches...

I'm also thinking this is a bunch of BS with my bengal if i'm perfectly tuned......lol
    Factory axle-to-axle is closer to 32.00"......anyway, bottomline if you like shooting it and it's cleanly putting an arrow where you point, the speed doesn't matter.
    Last edited by RLW; 03-02-2011 at 08:14 AM.