Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: im trying to figure out my fps on my 2010 bengal...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RLW View Post
    Factory brace height is closer to 32.00"......anyway, bottomline if you like shooting it and it's cleanly putting an arrow where you point, the speed doesn't matter.
    if my ata is longer by a few 8ths of an inch.....what does that mean or do....and does that figure into the quality control of martin...?
    how do you get it back to spec....?

Post Thanks / Like

Factory brace height is closer to 32.00"......anyway, bottomline if you like shooting it and it's cleanly putting an arrow where you point, the speed doesn't matter.
    X2. Brace height is supposed to be about 32.00", as RLW said. I also agree on the other point, that if the bow is accurate, speed is not really a concern, unless you were only shooting 240 fps or something.
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WestMichiganBowhunter View Post
    if my ata is longer by a few 8ths of an inch.....what does that mean or do....and does that figure into the quality control of martin...?
    how do you get it back to spec....?
    Just twist your cable a few times, then measure the ATA. If it is still not right, then repeat the process.
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Arrow Splitter View Post
    Just twist your cable a few times, then measure the ATA. If it is still not right, then repeat the process.
    twisting your cables a few times will bring the ata back down to spec....?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WestMichiganBowhunter View Post
    ....?
    I just replied back on your original thread on my "guess" of what's happening.
    http://martinarchery.com/mtechforum/...8397#post38397
    2009 Martin Bengal M2 Pro Cam w/factory STS & CCS.....66lbs, 29" DL, 422gr @ 272fps, Winners Choice string/cable, Trophy Taker drop-away Rest, Scott Release
    1996 Martin Firecat XRG Pro Series w/Ultra Sonic wheels.....69lbs, 29" DL, 465gr @ 245fps, w/fingers & Martin leather glove

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I just replied back on your original thread on my "guess" of what's happening.
    http://martinarchery.com/mtechforum/...8397#post38397
    i just replied back

it's the F5 module

Post Thanks / Like

To help me understand this can I ask some questions?

By twisting the cables and shortening the A2A by 7/8" and bringing it back to 32" he's going to preload the limbs more and I assume get some of that missing speed back? If he does that will he have to twist the string too to shorten it? Will any or all of this change his draw weight or draw length?
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

Default i got my fps

i just got back from dicks and drum roll please..........308 fps.now thats not too bad. befor any one starts saying b.s. on my fps.i put 12 arrows through it 3 at a time just to make sur and i avarage 308 fps.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gravediggermtv View Post
    i just got back from dicks and drum roll please..........308 fps.now thats not too bad. befor any one starts saying b.s. on my fps.i put 12 arrows through it 3 at a time just to make sur and i avarage 308 fps.
    WOW! I'd say your setup is VERY fast. The calculator was about 10 fps off(based on RLW's calculation, not mine).
    Last edited by Arrow Splitter; 02-09-2011 at 01:10 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Arrow Splitter View Post
    WOW! I'd say your setup is VERY fast. The calculator was about 10 fps off(based on RLW's calculation, not mine).
    i am very happy with the read out.it cost me 5.99 per 3 arrows.i did not belive whats he was telling me so i shot all 12.it cost a bit to use there machine but in the end it was worth knowing a bit more about my bow.plus all the feed back ive been getting,how short of a time i have been flinging arrows and how under educated i am on archery i am at this point i needed to really make sure it was really 308 fps.