Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The ? is what is better?

String builder/ Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bucknuts17 View Post
    could someone explain the trg system what does it stand for?
    TRG= Torque reducing guard

It brings the cables in toward the of the bow when drawn. Thus reducing the torque on the bow and the shot.

HUTCH
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

SonnyThomas

Default The ? is what is better?

I wonder if one could order a bow with the standard guide rod and string suppressor? Meaning, the hole drilled in the center instead of the hole showing on the side of the riser.

Mmmm? It's been a while back... Golden Eagle? Someone had a flex rod. Draw the bow and the rod would bend - so something on the order of the TRG.

Same difference? Years back Browning had the corkscrew cams (wheel type) that pulled the cables out of the way. There was no guide rod.

Seems all the roller guard systems are having problems....

Still, how does a bow get out of the factory with strings served at the TRG when it was found a problem?

Think process going on; guide rod = fixed travel = torque constant. TRG = Torque Reducing Guard = torque changed from bow at rest = angular torque in motion.

Again, I'm holding off on ordering a new bow.....

Post Thanks / Like

It just goes to say old is better. Cable rod for now. TRG maybe in the future.
    Depending on performance.

HUTCH

Post Thanks / Like

Rambo's bow (made by Hoyt as far as i remember) also dodn't have a cable guard, but i can't say how it works. May be it works only in the movie world
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

Post Thanks / Like

I could shoot a 55# Mongolian horse-bow and not have to worry about any of those dumb mechanics. Nice bow alex how old is it?

Post Thanks / Like

Sonny, I believe Bowtech is using that flexible arm on their upper end bows. Or at least they did a year or so ago. While I do like the concept of the TRG, I think everyone is right. Time will tell. At least it's still possible to swap out a guide rod if you still want to, even with the new risers.

SonnyThomas

Default The ? is what is better?

Quote Originally Posted by Ehunter View Post
    Sonny, I believe Bowtech is using that flexible arm on their upper end bows. Or at least they did a year or so ago. While I do like the concept of the TRG, I think everyone is right. Time will tell. At least it's still possible to swap out a guide rod if you still want to, even with the new risers.
    Yes, there wouldn't be a hole for the SOS, but with target shooting who cares? I can't even tell you the SOS works on my Shadowcat, maybe reduces the "twang."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch~n~Son Archery View Post
    I could shoot a 55# Mongolian horse-bow and not have to worry about any of those dumb mechanics. Nice bow alex how old is it?
    That's right, Hutch! With a trad bow it's only the pure pleasure of bowshooting. Speed and accuracy aren't everything. I've bought the bow about year and a half ago. Still have a lot to learn about the horsebows but this summer i had great time with it and some pretty good shots.
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

Post Thanks / Like

Sonny,

Check the Rytera site. See the Nemisis/buy now. It can be ordered with CCS or standard cable rod. At least that was for 2010. The 2011 models have not changed so far as I know so that is an option.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin/Rytera Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

I still think that is a glitch in the matrix, unless they are offering some sort of new ccs for the '11 Nemesis.
    The '10 Nemys came with a straight rod/slide and there is no way to mount a ccs on one.
    The Alien X and Z will accept either but not the Nemesis.