Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: white stuff coming to OK. again

Post Thanks / Like

That much snow in Oklahoma can be a ball buster. I don't know if things have changed since I lived there in 1968, but these states that don't get snow very often usually don't have the plows and road salt to battle it. Makes for some very precarious driving and can shut things down for a few days.

How about Kansas?
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

String builder/ Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    That much snow in Oklahoma can be a ball buster. I don't know if things have changed since I lived there in 1968, but these states that don't get snow very often usually don't have the plows and road salt to battle it. Makes for some very precarious driving and can shut things down for a few days.

How about Kansas?
    I lived in Arkansas for a while and one inch of snow closed most of the town. Coming from NH I thought this was weird. But it isn't if you live there.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Here where I hunt, fish, camp and play its been 23" in the last 48hrs and 279" this year.
    A bit behind normal...

Post Thanks / Like

Barry, we have plenty of equipment to handle it here in Kansas, just noone knows how to use it right. Last time they plowed my road, they had the blade a good 6-8inches above ground level. It's a paved road, so no reason to leave that much. They tend to wait until the snow is about half way over, then put down sand and cinders, that way, they get covered by the remaining snow. Apparently, a logic I don't understand behind that. lol It's been a year or two since I have seen anyone but the state put out salt around here. Thank God I have a bobcat sitting in the yard. lol
    2006 Rytera Bullet X 60#---2008 Moab 70#
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#---2009-10-12? Warthog Frankenbow with Nitrous C
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

SonnyThomas

Default white stuff coming to OK. again

Wish I had this. Ahhhh! A Chevy V8 sounds so nice.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Gotta keep an eye on the kids and dogs with that one Sonny. lol I'd be spittin out lawn chairs and everything else with that. lol
    2006 Rytera Bullet X 60#---2008 Moab 70#
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#---2009-10-12? Warthog Frankenbow with Nitrous C
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonnyThomas View Post
    Wish I had this. Ahhhh! A Chevy V8 sounds so nice.
    Sonny, do you own a relatively big oil well?
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

Post Thanks / Like

Well, don't own an oil well, but close, this one was on my Granddad's place near the turn of the last century, 1900
    http://www.pacificsites.com/~rparker/ptoil2.jpg
    Nope, never hit oil, but I still like the feel of Detriot Muscle under my foot.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://cascadianbowmen.com/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elkslayer4x5 View Post
    Well, don't own an oil well, but close, this one was on my Granddad's place near the turn of the last century, 1900
    http://www.pacificsites.com/~rparker/ptoil2.jpg
    Nope, never hit oil, but I still like the feel of Detriot Muscle under my foot.
    Interesting picture! Too bad there was no oil - i've never spoken with a millionaire
    By the way i prefer a shovel - it's silent, clean and good for the muscles. But i only have about 30 yards to clean.
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonnyThomas View Post
    Man, sorry to hear that. They cancelled the 1 to 3" for us, but then have a high of 9 degrees for today and we just got that at 2:00 pm central time.
    And then Sat and Sun they have a 40 degree forecast. One thing about Illinois, if you don't like the weather stick around for a couple days and we'll have something different.
    Sounds a lot like Manitoba weather...-40F the last couple of mornings with the windchill...supposed to be up to 32F by the weekend. Should make for some good weather to go coyote hunting...that is if the wind doesn't get too crazy...not holding my breath though...this time if year I refer to our Provincial motto as WINDY Manitoba instead of FRIENDLY Manitoba! But then again, it's always windy on the prairies!

Crazy winter for snow this year too...we've had about 4' total...it's settled out to about 3'...very tough going without snowshoes...