Thread: Mid 90's Lynx to a 2011 Silencer

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mid 90's Lynx to a 2011 Silencer

New to the forum!

Was just at the local bow shop yesterday after work, and after trying out several of last years models of Hoyt bows, tried a PSE Brute and the new Martin Silencer. Needless to say, I was blown away by the Silencer enough to have them order me in a 70# model in either Skulz camo or Hunter black (depending on availability)

I've been shooting a mid 90's model Lynx now for the last few years (bought it used from the original owner...my oldest brother) and have always been fond of the old Lynx...it's just time for something a little lighter...okay, A LOT LIGHTER...as well as something much faster and quieter!!!

Like some of the other posts about the Silencer say, you just don't hear a lot about the Martin line of compounds these days (especially in Canada). Less money spent on advertising and more on R&D and keeping customers happy is probably one motto Martin likes to follow, not to mention a top of the line hunting bow that won't break the bank.

I intend to sell the Lynx, as the old girl can still shoot, to a beginner in the sport and hope he enjoys it as much as I have over the years!

I went in thinking Hoyt, but once a Martin fan, always a Martin fan I guess

Thanks for listening! From what I've seen so far, this looks like a great forum with a lot of knowledgeable members!

Brad

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome aboard!!! Great choice of bows! And at least the arm won't suffer any more from the weight.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

now thats what I call an upgrade. The silencer has been getting great reviews and should be a shooter. good luck and please post picks as we would all b e interested in seeing it in either color/pattern. My buddy has a PSE Axe 7 in the skulz camo and I really like it.
    2010 Alien X
    29"/70#
    353gr GT Velocity XT 400 @ 320fps
    370gr GT Velocity Hunter 300 @ 315fps
    Tru-Fire Hurricane Release
    NAP Apache Rest
    Black Gold AMP 3 pin sight
    Limbsaver stabilizer
    G5 Montec

Post Thanks / Like

We welcome you to the Tech Forums, Coyote. Hope you enjoy your new bow when it gets here. I think you'll find it a really nice change from some of the bows of yesteryear.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome coyotekiller82. As well as achange in bows, I think you'll find this board is quite a change from most of them. Years and years of experince are avaible to you here, and a bunch of guys who really like to help, stick around, post any question or answer someone's question.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the warm welcome!!! I'll be sure to post pics!! Just received confirmation from the shop I ordered from...it's due to arrive by the end of Feb...start of March, and I'll be able to get my first choice of Skulz camo...CAN'T WAIT

Brad