Thread: Draw stop?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Draw stop?

Do I need someone to do this adjustment for me while I am at full draw, or should I just go by feel and move it abit at a time until it feels right? ps I have a 2010 Firecat TR1
    Last edited by RoscoeP; 02-09-2011 at 11:32 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RoscoeP View Post
    Do I need someone to do this adjustment for me while I am at full draw, or should I just go by feel and move it abit at a time until it feels right? ps I have a 2010 Firecat TR1
    Just have somebody look at where the draw stop is while the bow is at full draw. Then with the string at rest, adjust the draw stop and repeat the process until the draw stop touches the limb, and feels right at full draw.
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

SonnyThomas

Default Draw stop?

You can do it yourself, but... I have rope with "S" hook attached to the ceiling. Hook "S" and pull bow down (I use 3 fingers on the riser grip to mimic the hand), move stop to limb and snug. Let up easy, easy and easy. You should be at max letoff. I use a lead pencil to draw around the stop so to know where it was should I make further adjustments.

Post Thanks / Like

ya know im new to archery but i have learned when it come to draw,do it yourself till you feel just right with what you have.its all about comfert.haveing someone tell you what your draw is might not be what you are good with.but for me any other aspect of the bow i take it to my archery shop and have them do the tuning after i feel good about the pull back.good luck and go with your gut.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Draw stop!

Thanks for the help everyone, think I can figure it out now. Took about 20 test shots yesterday to settle the string in. All thats needed is the peep installed and adjust the draw stop. I liked the feel of the bow, seemed like a nice smooth draw to me. Although its been a while since I shot a compound, I am happy. Thanks again, Cheers Roscoe

Post Thanks / Like

Default Draw stop!

Well I installed my 3/16" G5 peep sight today, and all went well, nice and straight. I backed the draw stop off about 1/4" and did some shooting. Still feels like I could take abit more off. The cam is rolling over and I am getting a nice anchor but still feel like I am pushing my arm out a little more than I should to get that solid feel. I hope that is the right feeling I am supposed to be looking for. Cheers Roscoe

SonnyThomas

Default Draw stop?

Quote Originally Posted by RoscoeP View Post
    I am getting a nice anchor but still feel like I am pushing my arm out a little more than I should to get that solid feel. I hope that is the right feeling I am supposed to be looking for. Cheers Roscoe
    Adjust the stop a bit more and you should right on....

Post Thanks / Like

adjust your draw stop in 1/16 " at a time till it feels right

Post Thanks / Like

There is a flat section on the modules that the cable rolls into at the end of the draw cycle, have someone watch as you draw the bow to make sure that the cable is not going beyond that point when the stop contacts the limb. The cable should just fully roll into that flat part when the stop hits in order to get the 80% let off. If the cable is going beyond that point before the stop hits then you probably need the next longer module installed. If the cable is no where near fully rolling into that flat part of the mod then you may need the next size shorter mod.

Advantage Custom Strings