Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: just got my fps on my bengal

Post Thanks / Like

Default just got my fps on my bengal

i just got back from dicks and i am shooting 308 fps.dont even try to call bs.i put it through there machine.and its 308 for the avarage.12 arrows i shot and yes its 308fps.there bow smith did everything i just pulld back and let go.thats a dam fine 2010 bengal.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

What's your specs again.....?

I'm going to try a different chrono

thats great 308fps!!!!!!
    Nice!
    Last edited by WestMichiganBowhunter; 02-09-2011 at 12:14 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

What is your arrow weight and string configuration? 310 is damn good, I can understand why you are happy. You got a nice fast bow there gravedigger.
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

i bought it stock as far as i know.please keep in mind i am not very educated on bows(i have only been shooting for around 8 months).and all the work thats been done to it was done by archers afield in oregon.i have the stock string.acu trac cam.f4 mod,i just bought the(and forgive me i dont yet know all the terms)roller ccs and sts package.my draw is 28.5 maybe 29.and im pulling back 73#.my arrows are gt pro hunter 75-95# arrows 8.9gpi.vanetech vanes,gt knocks,cut down to 27.5.they put in a nice peep.i dont know what the name of it is but its small with no tubing.and really i just went into there shop maybe two weeks ago and told them to make it fast and give me the best they had to offer.this week im going in and haveing them put winners choice string on and once again i will tell them to do the best they can.73#is starting to fell realy ez to pull back,so if i can in any way i would like to get it up to 80#,if not i will have to wait a few years.my wife is not likeing all this money im spending on my bow..

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

You are having way too much fun!!!
    Let me shoot it for a while so you can relax LOL

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gravediggermtv View Post
    73#is starting to fell realy ez to pull back,so if i can in any way i would like to get it up to 80#

Negative. 73 lbs. is OK, but any more than that will be too much for the limbs.
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Arrow Splitter View Post
    Negative. 73 lbs. is OK, but any more than that will be too much for the limbs.
    i was kind of thinking the same thing about the limbs.the archery shop told me 73 is about it.but i am allways going to want more.for now i fell good about going after elk in september,even better about cougar right now.i just cant wait to get in the deep woods.the 3d corse near my house is getting to ez.they do have 40 targets i shoot at.and befor i hit the 3d i practice with 20 to 80 maybe more shoots.i am just addicted to shooting this bow.i cant hardly get it out of my hands.i go twice a week to shoot the 3ds.then i have 30 yards in my back yard just to calm the itch.i really need to calm down a bit.just a fyi.there are only around 2300 to 2600 registerd bow hunters in oregon.the restrictions that odfw puts on archery is crazy.i only get 1 moth to hunt elk and 1 and a half moths for deer.cougar is year round.

Post Thanks / Like

We have up to 70 yards of shooting outside, and 18 yards in the basement.

Now you probably will be jealous when I tell you that we have 3 months for archery deer hunting. OH YEAH!
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Arrow Splitter View Post
    We have up to 70 yards of shooting outside, and 18 yards in the basement.

Now you probably will be jealous when I tell you that we have 3 months for archery deer hunting. OH YEAH!
    and i am very.every sate besides oregon caters to archery hunting.i really dont know what the issue is here but its all about the bang bang.we can only shoot one style of broadhead.cant have anyting that lights up.no crossbows.its a bunch of bs.last year we had two general seasons for elk.now its one month and controled for second hunt,with a limited amound of tags.but the 3d and ranges are are few and far between.i meen shooting a bow in oregon is a rare thing.i guess out here it is what it is and have to deal with it.

Post Thanks / Like

Guess wwe are really lucky here, archery deer starts last week of Aug or 1st week Sept and goes thru first weekend of Jan following year. Deer gun is 16 1/2 days. Congrats on the fps. Got a new 2010 Bengal myself and the guys on here have been great at helping out.