Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: just got my fps on my bengal

Post Thanks / Like

Nebraska starts Sept 15 and goes through Dec 31. And it is still not enough time for me.
    '08 Firecat a righty
    '06 Slayer a lefty
    "97 High Country Protec

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by parttimr View Post
    Guess wwe are really lucky here, archery deer starts last week of Aug or 1st week Sept and goes thru first weekend of Jan following year. Deer gun is 16 1/2 days. Congrats on the fps. Got a new 2010 Bengal myself and the guys on here have been great at helping out.
    thats a nice seson.everyone on her has just been great.really nice people.im really starting to pick up a few things.its hard to find a place ware a new comer can ask a question and get great replies.thanks to all of yall

Post Thanks / Like

Oklahoma is Oct 1 to Jan 15 for Archery. 6 deer total, 4 does and 2 buck. You can add a seventh if you hunt Antlerless holiday.
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MLN1963 View Post
    Oklahoma is Oct 1 to Jan 15 for Archery. 6 deer total, 4 does and 2 buck. You can add a seventh if you hunt Antlerless holiday.
    wtf.i can only take one or the other and thats it.same for bear.elk,deer.cougar,oregon really has a tight leash on bow hunting.it not like we are runing out of animals.there everyware.and its nothing but forest and desert.its oregon trees trees trees and animals.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gravediggermtv View Post
    wtf.i can only take one or the other and thats it.same for bear.elk,deer.cougar,oregon really has a tight leash on bow hunting.it not like we are runing out of animals.there everyware.and its nothing but forest and desert.its oregon trees trees trees and animals.
    Idaho is very similar, no electronics on bow or expandable heads, and with few exceptions it's one deer per year regardless of what weapon you decide to take it with. (same for elk, bear, mtn lion)
    General season hunts are mostly September bow hunts (couple late season hunts across the state), or rifle/pistol in October, and a few muzzleloader hunts thrown in.

This year I had no time to hunt in September, so opted to go opening day during the Oct rifle hunt and put a forkhorn buck in the freezer.
    Took the bow out on a late season archery elk hunt. Found a lot of elk, but couldn't get on them.
    2009 Martin Bengal M2 Pro Cam w/factory STS & CCS.....66lbs, 29" DL, 422gr @ 272fps, Winners Choice string/cable, Trophy Taker drop-away Rest, Scott Release
    1996 Martin Firecat XRG Pro Series w/Ultra Sonic wheels.....69lbs, 29" DL, 465gr @ 245fps, w/fingers & Martin leather glove

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gravediggermtv View Post
    Oregon archery, opens last week of Aug to 2nd week-end of Oct, open again in Nov thru Dec. I do dislike the way that you have pick one or the other not both, here in Cal, Archery open 2nd weekend of July runs to 1st weekend of Aug , 2nd weekend of Aug opens centerfire Deer, but I can archery hunt, Bear open at the same time, and goes till last weekend in Dec. All during the rifle season I can hunt with either. Although Oregon does have tight leash on archers, there's a lot of them up there.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://cascadianbowmen.com/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

More on Oregon's archery season. Grand son was 12 last year, his 1st season, he hunted rifle. turned 13 yesterday ( HBD Rhino ! ) and is going to hunt archery this year. When his dad and I took him for his youth elk hunt in Nov. We brought our bows, and put a couple of nice blacktails in the freezer. Hard for himto hunt, mostly weekends and after school, so the Grandson is comming down to spend July and Aug with me. Non-resident youth license is less than $11, the deer tag will be $243! Ouch! I cheated, gave him the hunt for Chrismas/birthday gift. Never mind that I get to hunt with my grandson, thats my part of the gift!
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Happy Birthday, Elkslayer9x8!
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    Happy Birthday, Elkslayer9x8!
    Nice memory Alex, I'm sure he'll appreciate your wishes, he'll be quite pleased with birthday wishes from Bulgaria. Thanks