Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New cheetah owner

Post Thanks / Like

Default New cheetah owner

Hey guys, just got a cheetah and thought I should join.I love the bow and now I just need a good sight and rest.

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome JohnnyReb! Glad to have you aboard with the rest of the martin family. So you got bit by the cheetah! Good for you. Its a fun bow. And as you say you love it.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum JohnnyReb.
    It depends on what you are willing to spend on a sight and rest. Name brands of sights like HHA, Spot Hog, and others are excellent, but are pricey. Other brands like Truglo, GWS, and Cobra make less pricey models that are still good sights. I currently use a Truglo Range Rover single pin. The sight normally goes for around $70, but I got mine for $50.

Arrow rests are the same way. It also depends on what style you are looking for. Many archers use a dropaway rest, then there is the prong style, full containment, etc. Ripcord, Spot Hog, Trophy Ridge are just a few notable names. I use a Bodoodle Zapper 300 full containment rest, and I like it. When I'm hunting or target shooting, arrows falling off the rest is not an issue.
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Arrow Spliter is right on about the sights, I started with a Cobra slider, Grandson shot it for a couple years and now the Ggrand daughter is wanting it. Looked at both of the sights that A.S. and Hutch are shooting, all basicily all the same sight, it was the rheostat on the HHA OL 5519 that won me over.
    Rests, I prefer a prong, pretty easy to adjust, and tunes easy, but then not real tough to tune a Shoot-thru system, has no lateral nock movement.
    My nephew has a 09 Cheetah and loves it. Has put 1000's of shots thru it, and never a hint of trouble. ( Knock wood, 2009 was not a good year for limbs ) Has taken a pile of deer with it, I've lost count, last year was 5, He's gonna talk me into hunting Missouri yet! Hope you enjoy your Cheetah as much as he does.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum and enjoy your new bow

Gregg
    2011 Firecat 400
    2013 PSE Drive
    2012 PSE Brute X

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyReb. View Post
    Hey guys, just got a cheetah and thought I should join.I love the bow and now I just need a good sight and rest.
    I just got mine,too,a few weeks ago. It's set up with Trophy taker drop away,apex gear atomic 1 pin sight, homemade stabilizer light for hunting coons n possum at night,string suppressor. It's a great bow. Very maneuverable,quite accurate. Zeroed at 25yds and good to 35 aiming 1" high. I'm sure you will enjoy it.

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HawgEnvy View Post
    I just got mine,too,a few weeks ago. It's set up with Trophy taker drop away,apex gear atomic 1 pin sight, homemade stabilizer light for hunting coons n possum at night,string suppressor. It's a great bow. Very maneuverable,quite accurate. Zeroed at 25yds and good to 35 aiming 1" high. I'm sure you will enjoy it.
    Welcome sounds to me like a nice set up.

HUTCH
    Last edited by Hutch~n~Son Archery; 02-11-2011 at 04:38 PM.
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

hey Hawg,

Welcome to the forums. Nice to see you participating.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    hey Hawg,

Welcome to the forums. Nice to see you participating.
    thanks for the welcome. Hopin to learn somethings and share my experiences and some things I know.

Hutch, my cheetah is a nice set up. Was looking for a '10 Warthog Mag. I couldn't pass up the Cheetah for $100 though.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome,I also have a Cheetah and I love it.I use the Whisker Biscuit rest and a single pin Apex sight.
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather.. Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.