Thread: are there stronger limbs for a bengal.

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default are there stronger limbs for a bengal.

well i am wondering if ther are stronger limbs for a bengal.i have had no problems with mine but if they do splinter then i would like to know if i can upgrade.thanks for any info that you can give me.

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

No upgrades but they are under warranty so you are covered for replacements.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch~n~Son Archery View Post
    No upgrades but they are under warranty so you are covered for replacements.

Hutch
    well there is a problem with warenty.i did by my bow new in the box.but i bought it from a guy on craigs list.he has too much money and buys 2 or 3 new bows of every model each year.he tests one,give one away to a charity to auction off and sells one.i paid 300 for mine new never shot.i dont have his reciept,so i dont think martin would help me if i did break a limb.i could be wrong but what i have read is that i would need the original sales reciept to use the warenty.and if i put a aftermarket string on it that too would void the warenity

Post Thanks / Like

grave, I'm pretty sure Martin will take care of you. I didn't need the receipt for my bow when I needed some work done on it. As far as the aftermarket strings, I doubt that'll matter to them either. Martin has top notch customer service, and they take care of their customers. I also wouldn't worry about breaking a limb. It wasn't uncommon on a couple of models back in '09, but they have pretty well got them taken care of. Think about all the bows Martin sells every year, and it's a very low percentage that has problems.
    2008 Moab 70# The deer killing bow
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#---2009-10-12? Warthog Frankenbow with Nitrous B
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Well that would be up to martin cs. I wouldn't worry about it till the time comes or doesn't.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch~n~Son Archery View Post
    Well that would be up to martin cs. I wouldn't worry about it till the time comes or doesn't.

Hutch
    well thanks hutch.it makes me feel a bit better.i did keep the box and all tags.really everything it came with.i have herd there strong and can take a lickn and keep on tickin.i have a buddy who has boke lims on his mathews.but i have two frieds with martins one is a really old bengal and the only thing he has done to it was replace the cabel.infact that was the first bow i shot and decided to get mine.well with the wifes ok that is.lol....but i dont want to buy another bow i like to stick with what i know.again thanks for all your help.im learning a bit more each and every day

Post Thanks / Like

Stronger limbs? Are you wanting more draw weight or just worring about breakage? if you want more draw weight, Martin limb codes run from 0 to 10, finding them could be the problem, unless you want to buy new ones at near $200 a set, used limbs run about $40-60 on ArcheryTak Classified ads.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade