Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: speed on silencer

Post Thanks / Like

Default speed on silencer

h ey guys thinking about upgrading from a sabre to a silencer just wondered if anyone would have an idea on speed increase i shoot 27.5 dl and 65# dw thanks

Post Thanks / Like

I've got a Silencer.....29.5DL 63# and it shoots 380gr arrows at 303fps and 400gr at 298. IT'S FAST!!!
    -2011 Martin Silencer 63# 29.5", Limbsaver prism elite .029 sight, Alpine Whisperflite drop away rest, Alpine 5 arrow quiver, G5 1/4" Meta Peep, Carbon Express 8" stabilizer, Gold Tip Warrior and Expedition Hunter (385gr), G5 Montec
    -2011 Martin Silencer, 73# 29.5", Limbsaver prism elite .019 sight, QAD Ultra Rest Pro LD, Tight Spot 5 arrow quiver, 1/4" G5 Meta peep, Carbon Express 8" stabilizer, Gold Tip Expedition Hunter 7595 camo (441gr), G5 Montec BH.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm in the process of fine tuning my bow. Mudpig has been guiding me through the process and I'll tell you what, he knows what hes talking about and is very knowledgable with tuning the Silencer. Just from the first tuning session, I've gained 22FPS. I'm hoping to get it fully tuned today. Lets all cross our fingers for me lol

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the plug Kyle, but I'm simply passing on the info I was given by so many on this site. Thanks for all the help on my bow and the knowledge of the workings of this bow so I can pass this info on to others. Thanks guys! By the way, I just purchased my second Silencer bow. This one in the 70# version, so I'm waiting on sights and things to arrive in the mail and I'm getting this one dialed in too
    -2011 Martin Silencer 63# 29.5", Limbsaver prism elite .029 sight, Alpine Whisperflite drop away rest, Alpine 5 arrow quiver, G5 1/4" Meta Peep, Carbon Express 8" stabilizer, Gold Tip Warrior and Expedition Hunter (385gr), G5 Montec
    -2011 Martin Silencer, 73# 29.5", Limbsaver prism elite .019 sight, QAD Ultra Rest Pro LD, Tight Spot 5 arrow quiver, 1/4" G5 Meta peep, Carbon Express 8" stabilizer, Gold Tip Expedition Hunter 7595 camo (441gr), G5 Montec BH.

Post Thanks / Like

If you check out the link below, it will take you to back country archery calculator. You can plug in your DW, DL, and arrow weight and get a pretty good indicator as to what you can expect. My Silencer is spot on. I used my arrow weight of 380gr with your DW and DL and came up with about 290fps on this calculator.

http://backcountrybowhunting.com/articles/calc/

Post Thanks / Like

I've used this calculator, too, and would recommend that you list the IBO speed at 10 fps less than the factory says. You'll get an estimate closer to real world figures.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin/Rytera Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the help when i get im sure i well have tuning questions

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kylecurtis04 View Post
    I'm in the process of fine tuning my bow. Mudpig has been guiding me through the process and I'll tell you what, he knows what hes talking about and is very knowledgable with tuning the Silencer. Just from the first tuning session, I've gained 22FPS. I'm hoping to get it fully tuned today. Lets all cross our fingers for me lol
    Well, Mr. Mudpig's help will be sought when I get bow in signature ready to go!
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

Just picked up my new Silencer yesterday and agree its shoots extremely fast compared to my 04 PSE STL which was chrono at 245 fps 2 wks ago. However, the battery must have been weak or the chrono just wasn't working properly while testing the new Silencer. Gave me readings anywhere from 225 to 278 fps??? Tried 6 times. I did try the online calculator for kicks & giggles and it was estimating 318 fps? So even if i take off the 10 fps for real world numbers, i will be extremely happy if it really does shoot 300+ when the chrono is up and running properly.

Post Thanks / Like

i would guess 285-290 at 27.5 and a 390 grain aarow. probably closer to the 285. and of course dropping the aarow weight will gain a few fps back
    2010 rytera x. apache rest, truglo 5pin. 8in shockbocker 1000 stabilizer. norway g2 string tamer Huch-n-Son strings
    2010 rytera z apache carbon rest axt primal x5 sight