Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Report on my new Firecat 360

Post Thanks / Like

Is it a PITA to do the twisting?

Post Thanks / Like

Okay, Noted!!!
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

gibson, I was wondering if you were able to get the string and cables loose enough to twist by just backing out the limb bolts? On my Firecat400, I have backed the bolts out until they are in the outside threads of the barrel nut, and still can't get the string/cables off. I have to use a press. I was just curious. Thanks!
    2008 Moab 70# The deer killing bow
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#---2009-10-12? Warthog Frankenbow with Nitrous B
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

Post Thanks / Like

gibson, I was wondering if you were able to get the string and cables loose enough to twist by just backing out the limb bolts? On my Firecat400, I have backed the bolts out until they are in the outside threads of the barrel nut, and still can't get the string/cables off. I have to use a press. I was just curious. Thanks
    !

Actually Ehunter, it's quite difficult on the 360 as well. What I did was back the limb bolts off until the daylight scenario, then grab the cam in my hand and turn it and with my other hand unhook the string/cable. I reversed that action when replacing, sort of like putting a bike chain on!

Post Thanks / Like
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Just picked up FireCat 360

Cant say much since I dont know much but I can say I love this bow. I tested out a couple of Mathews, PSE's and Diamond and then the Martin and I though that this was by far better than all the other bows within the $600-900 range I was looking for. And for the 360 package, ready to shoot I think I got a heck of a deal. In my opinion I thought it was quieter than the others but the guy tuned it a bit and got it quieter. The place I bought in Mountlake Terrace, WA lets you test it at 20 yds, no where else was I able to do this. All I can say is I have some friends after firing this are jealous (Hehehe). Would have gone with the 400, double cam but for a first bow I am happy. Can wait to go hunting. Great review.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cadmancan View Post
    Cant say much since I dont know much but I can say I love this bow. I tested out a couple of Mathews, PSE's and Diamond and then the Martin and I though that this was by far better than all the other bows within the $600-900 range I was looking for. And for the 360 package, ready to shoot I think I got a heck of a deal. In my opinion I thought it was quieter than the others but the guy tuned it a bit and got it quieter. The place I bought in Mountlake Terrace, WA lets you test it at 20 yds, no where else was I able to do this. All I can say is I have some friends after firing this are jealous (Hehehe). Would have gone with the 400, double cam but for a first bow I am happy. Can wait to go hunting. Great review.
    Thanks cadmancan, glad you like the bow, you'd be hard pressed to find better value.