Thread: cheetah 70lb limbs

Hybrid View

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

Default cheetah 70lb limbs

my Cheetah is 60lb max. Just wondering if I can still order the 70lb limbs and if anyone might know what price I'm looking at. Also, would the cougar 3 limbs and nitro cams fit the Cheetah. What would have to be done?Just for curiousity sake.

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HawgEnvy View Post
    my Cheetah is 60lb max. Just wondering if I can still order the 70lb limbs and if anyone might know what price I'm looking at. Also, would the cougar 3 limbs and nitro cams fit the Cheetah. What would have to be done?Just for curiousity sake.
    Limbs I believe are around $200.00. If the bow is 2010 then the cougar limbs won't fit, because of the width difference.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

You could also contact Barnsdale and get a cost from them on a new set of limbs, I think they are somewhere in the 150-200 range and you would probably be able to get them in 80# although you would most likley void your warranty on the remaining parts of the bow.

Hutch is right, the Cougar limbs would not fit, different widths. You would have to get a set of new rockers custom machined to accept the cougar limbs. I think those are 14" limbs while the Cheetah limbs are 13", so you would also have an increased brace height and AtA as well. The other thing would be getting a string set made, unless you have a good string maker in your area that has experience in frankenbows, you would have to send the parts off to someone that would know how to come up with the correct lengths, build them and assemble the bow. While it might make for a good project, it may get to be more expensive than its worth.

Advantage Custom Strings

Post Thanks / Like

yeah that's kinda what I was thinkin. Just a thought.

Post Thanks / Like

Idk guys, I just measured the limbs of both bows @ the limb pockets w tape measure. Reading same width. Can anyone measure w calipers to confirm measurements?

Post Thanks / Like

I guess I should have asked, what year is the Cheetah, and does it have the full limb pockets, or the newer roto cup design with the rockers ?

Advantage Custom Strings

Post Thanks / Like

I believe it's an '03. Only have a internet on cell phone and can't post pics. If someone wants to PM their e-mail address,id be happy to send them to be posted