Thread: Furious X dual cams

Jack NZ

Default Furious X dual cams

Ok I'm buying a Scepter4 an I need to know the real world difference between the furious dual cam and the Furious X dual cam.
    I will be using this bow for 3D,IBO and IFAA shooting.
    It's never going near the bush and is going to be a TARGET BOW only.
    Also like to hear any feed back from current owners,good or bad.
    Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Here's the difference. There is no difference in the cams themselves. The Furious system is a normal system using a cbale guard to get fletching clearance.

The X system utilizes another set of (X) moduleson the opposite side of the cam and an extra set of cables on that side also. It eliminates the cable guard and all the side loading of the limbs, torque, and cam lean associated with the cable guard. The cams are physically centered in the limbs slots and the string tracks right down the center of the bow.

The result is a slightly smoother draw and easier tuning. Also better accuracy if the shooter is capable of it.

Another benefit is that you don't need the use of a bow press to alter cable length or change cables. All you have to do is load up the cable on the oppsite side from the one you want to play with and this flexes the limbs.
    At least this is what I've been told. I still play it safe and use my Bowmaster.

The one problem you may run into is fletching clearance between the cables. If this is so you can order a set of longer axles which spreads the cables some more. The kit comes with the axles, a couple wider bushings and E clips. You may or may not need them. I shoot my hunting bow (ShadowCat/ Nitrous X) with standard axles using GT Prp22's and Duravane LP 400 vanes. My P3 I use the same, but shoot GT Ultralite 500's with 2" 3D Duravanes. When I switch to feathers (higher profile)I have to use the wider axles. I imagine it would be the same for Blazers. If and when ordering I would just go ahead and order the axle kit as it's only about $10. Then you'll have it if needed.

So you say this is going to be just a target bow? I wouldn't even look at a bow with a cable guard then. The X system is the way to go.

For what it's worth I think the X system is truly innovative. I have a Pantera coming (someday) with Furious X cams on it. This will be a dedicated 3D bow.

Good luck on your choice.

Jack NZ

Thanks Bfisher,that answers my question very nicly.
    It was the cam lean ect,that I was most worried about in my new bow, I've just parted with a bow that it was a real problem with.
    Thanks again,
    Jack