Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: arrow straightness...does it matter? or is it marketing hype

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if anyone here has a super shooter that could put this to the test and take out human error? Hmmm...
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

bfisher that was pretty profound never looked at archery quite that way, you are the Master we are your students, thank you

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MLN1963 View Post
    I wonder if anyone here has a super shooter that could put this to the test and take out human error? Hmmm...
    Hutch

You have any .001, .003, and .006 arrows you could test in the Super Shooter to see if there is a noticable difference?
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

I have tryed some pretty expensive arrows that were .006 that worked good. But after braking a few of them I decided to go with a cheeper arrow. My beman ics hunters are .003 and are about $40 for 1/2 dozen. Cheeper on AT sometimes.

Post Thanks / Like

Here is my question. We all know that arrows flex and bend on release, this is called archer's paradox. So anyway, you watch a video of an arrow bending like crazy and flexing for a good while after release and it makes me wonder just how important arrow straightness really is? At least it makes me wonder?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzWrcpzuAp8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CO102jz8sFM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZI_17jgEdAI
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

I went through this headache last June. I wanted to buy new arrows that would fit my needs. Man, it took me for ever to make a decision.
    My first set of carbon arrows were GT Hunter Expedition .006. I wanted to try something better just for the sake of it. Sooooo, I bought a dozen of Hunter XT .003 with blazer vanes total of 349gr. Paid $96 shipped. I could have saved $20 to get Expedition, but I wanted to try it for myself.

Verdict? Well, I have 12 similar arrows and I'm happy with the price I paid for them. I do shoot better, but I think it is me improving my skills rather than the arrows making a difference.

You know, sometimes it is better to pay more and know it is you and not the arrow. If they would have been twice the price, I don't think I would have done it. For $20, what the . . . .

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

it makes me wonder just how important arrow straightness really is?
    Very important, just imagine how it affects the flexing. Slightly bent and it flexes more one way.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah but we are talking .006" of an inch variance. not bent.
    Firecat 400

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

.006" of an inch variance
    Actually its + or - .006" so up to .012". Will it make a huge difference for a hunter when the accuracy is good enough with the cheaper shafts? Probably not. Will it make a difference to paper shooters? Yep and seen it.

Now if the prices were the same, which shaft would you pick?

Post Thanks / Like

I would get the straighter only because they are supposed to be better. I would love to see a set of each arrows built exactly the same and then shot thru a super shooter to see if there is any real value added or if it just makes a person feel superior.
    Firecat 400