Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Which Bow?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonnyThomas View Post
    .....Then in 1969 Kawaski came out the 3 lunger 500 - most horsepower per weight motorcycle built at the time........
    I remember the old Mach III, only around 6.5lbs/hp and one of the few factory bikes to break the 13 sec quarter.
    It was a bit too much bike for this young kid back then.
    Things sure have changed since those days. My current Husky TE510 dirt bike is only 7-8hp down from that old Kawi, putting it about 5lbs/hp
    2009 Martin Bengal M2 Pro Cam w/factory STS & CCS.....66lbs, 29" DL, 422gr @ 272fps, Winners Choice string/cable, Trophy Taker drop-away Rest, Scott Release
    1996 Martin Firecat XRG Pro Series w/Ultra Sonic wheels.....69lbs, 29" DL, 465gr @ 245fps, w/fingers & Martin leather glove

Post Thanks / Like

The OP is really going to appreciate all of us for going WAY off topic.
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

SonnyThomas

Default Which Bow?

Yes, the RD was a 2 cylinder - I worked/rode for a Yamaha dealer for about 4 years. (Better get this back to archery) And my racers would just fly and ever so often would nail a bale of straw (groan).

Post Thanks / Like

Lancaster Archery Supply has them. Its worth the short drive.

Post Thanks / Like

Not alot of Martin shooters around here either. Only two shops anywhere near that carry them. One is a garage shop, great owner, been here a long long time and was an Olympic archer back in the late 40's/50's. Not alot of people know about him or are turned off by the shop being his garage. The other Pro Series shop only carries a few new Martins, if any, and will be the first to steer you to an other brand.
    The Sportsmans Warehouse in Colorado Springs carries Gold line and usually has 3 or 4 models on hand and the Dicks only ever has a couple year old models.
    Actually there are quite a few people around that shoot older Martins but they just hunt, arn't really involved in the archery community and either do their own work or just shoot'em as is...

Post Thanks / Like

I guess I must have deleted my own post last night. Maybe I PM'd it. How about Baker's Archery Supply in Halifax. Try a call to Jeff Roe at 717-571-9872. He's the regional sales rep and certainly should know who his dealers are.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the replies. I called Bakers and they don't have any in stock. I'll call Jeff Roe and see what he has to say. I work sometimes at Durabond Pipe in Steelton. We did some work on their presses. Good fishing in the river there. Take care and thanks for the help. PaLuke

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up rh stage 2

ok enough of the what is and what was .what ever u decide buy it and send me the bow u didnt like . i will be ok with it fer sure

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaLuke View Post
    Thanks for the replies. I called Bakers and they don't have any in stock. I'll call Jeff Roe and see what he has to say. I work sometimes at Durabond Pipe in Steelton. We did some work on their presses. Good fishing in the river there. Take care and thanks for the help. PaLuke
    That's cool. I know Durabond well. I worked at Beth Steel for 29 years and then retired in Jan 2003 at 55 1/2 years old. The pipe mill was owned and operated by BS at the time. I filled in there a few times. I only live about two miles from there.

Fishing isn't as good as it used to be, but still beats working.

Barry
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver