Thread: Silencer and Rest

Post Thanks / Like

Default Silencer and Rest

I am new to this site. I am considering getting either the new Onza 3 or the Silencer this year. I have read that there may be an issue with using the QAD rest because of clearance. I am wondering if the NAP Apache will have any issues with touching the SOS or TRG. Any help would be great. I am also not opposed to keeping the QAD. I shoot one already and like it, but I like to try new toys.
    Seemz Technology Field Staff
    Harvest Time Archery Field Staff
    www.topshotarchery.com

Post Thanks / Like

Can't really comment on your particular rest choice, but I have a Silencer and the dealer I bought it from, he bought the new Onza 3. Both bows are really awesome. Both bows have Alpine drop away rests and they have functioned flawlessly. You won't be disappointed with either bow.
    -2011 Martin Silencer 63# 29.5", Limbsaver prism elite .029 sight, Alpine Whisperflite drop away rest, Alpine 5 arrow quiver, G5 1/4" Meta Peep, Carbon Express 8" stabilizer, Gold Tip Warrior and Expedition Hunter (385gr), G5 Montec
    -2011 Martin Silencer, 73# 29.5", Limbsaver prism elite .019 sight, QAD Ultra Rest Pro LD, Tight Spot 5 arrow quiver, 1/4" G5 Meta peep, Carbon Express 8" stabilizer, Gold Tip Expedition Hunter 7595 camo (441gr), G5 Montec BH.

Post Thanks / Like

I can't say about the Onza, but you shouldn't have any problems on the Firecat. I have a 2011 Firecat 400 with a Trophy Taker drop away, which is almost the same as the Apache. I have a "toolless" Apache on my '08 Moab. I would NOT recommend getting the "toolless" Apache though. I can see some possible interference with the adjustment "handles". They stick up far enough on mine, that it looks like it would interfere with the TRG/SOS rod on the new Firecats, or any of the new bows.
    2006 Rytera Bullet X 60#---2008 Moab 70#
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#---2009-10-12? Warthog Frankenbow with Nitrous B
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

Post Thanks / Like

So far this year it seems like we've been reading a lot on both of those bows, and both seem to be great chooices, so go shoot 'em and let the bow pick you.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade