Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which Bow?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Which Bow?

Hello everyone, I'm new to the site and need help picking out a bow and finding a local dealer. I now shoot a Hoyt 737 and I'm thinking about a Onza 3. Does anyone have one of these bows and what are your opinions on it. I live in South Eastern Pa. And can't find a dealer with Martins in stock. I checked the dealer list on the site and no one seems to carry a selection of Martins. Any direction would be appreciated. Thanks for the replies. PaLuke

SonnyThomas

Default Which Bow?

Hi there, PaLuke. See link below. Long time Hoyt lover here, but never could come to love the 737. Everyone said it was the older UltraTec, but ain't no way, not after I've owned 11 of them from 2000 forward.

Onza 3 is a surpriser. It's listed under the Gold series, but every bit a Pro series bow.

Keep a eye open here and someone will find you a dealer.

http://www.martinarchery.com/mtechfo...ead.php?t=8271

Post Thanks / Like

paluke i dont think you could go wrong with the onza it shoots nice i really liked it just not the looks of it, but it shoots smooth

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure how far this is from you but Jim will sure help you out.
    Advantage Archery 330-407-3374.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaLuke View Post
    Hello everyone, I'm new to the site and need help picking out a bow and finding a local dealer. I now shoot a Hoyt 737 and I'm thinking about a Onza 3. Does anyone have one of these bows and what are your opinions on it. I live in South Eastern Pa. And can't find a dealer with Martins in stock. I checked the dealer list on the site and no one seems to carry a selection of Martins. Any direction would be appreciated. Thanks for the replies. PaLuke
    Let me know where you live and I'll contact my sales rep to find a dealer near you.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the replies, I want to shoot one of the Martins and must admit I've never shot one. It seems nobody really shoots them around here. It's either Hoyt's , Bowtech or Mathews. Everything I've read about the Martins is always positive so this is what spurred the interest. I live in Schuylkill county and would appreciate pointing me in the right direction to a dealer. Do a lot of people shoot Martins where you live? Thanks for the replies.
    PaLuke

Post Thanks / Like

Well , lets put it this way, a lot of guy on this board shoot Martins!
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elkslayer4x5 View Post
    Well , lets put it this way, a lot of guy on this board shoot Martins!
    Yeah, it probably has something to do with the name of this forum.
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

It seems nobody really shoots them around here. It's either Hoyt's , Bowtech or Mathews. PaLuke
    They don't know what they are missing. In fact its all about fad's and money. Martin bows are not as expensive but the are as good if not better. I have owned only martin and have many others come through the shop. And I am still not impressed. That is why we are a martin family.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

....... It seems nobody really shoots them around here. It's either Hoyt's , Bowtech or Mathews.......
    Generally same bows in my area, probably more of the Diamond bows than actual Bowtech labeled. Also see a couple Elite Bows around.
    .......Do a lot of people shoot Martins where you live?.....
    No.
    I was at a 3D bowshoot last month, with another 150-160 people and appeared I had the only Martin bow in the place.
    Last year at the 5 or so 3D shoots I went to, I remember seeing two others with Martins.

Used to be more around here, but the dealer I went to for bows is long gone and the one shop in town that was most recently listed as a Pro Series dealer apparently isn't anymore or at least rarely has a Martin bow
    2009 Martin Bengal M2 Pro Cam w/factory STS & CCS.....66lbs, 29" DL, 422gr @ 272fps, Winners Choice string/cable, Trophy Taker drop-away Rest, Scott Release
    1996 Martin Firecat XRG Pro Series w/Ultra Sonic wheels.....69lbs, 29" DL, 465gr @ 245fps, w/fingers & Martin leather glove