Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rytera Alien Z

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Montalaar View Post
    No, it is not because of my draw. It is because i am not itnerested in speed.

See, take a look at all of those recurve and longbow archers. Heavy arrows, low speeds and they STILL hit the target, the STILL can hunt with those bows. I have a longbow myself and i can hit a circle of 25cm in diameter at 18 yds. This is not for practice, just for fun of cause but it is possible.

Speed is no solution, it is just a way to draw off attention from other things. :/
    Simon,

I think ou missed my point. With your long draw speed is not something you have to fight for. You can shoot very heavy, stable arrows and still have decent speed whether you want it or not.

I know there are obstacles, too. Like a limited selection of bows and other little goodies. It's not all heaven being on either side of the draw length spectrum.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

I got it Barry, but i am tired of this as i am not interested in speed at all.

If i could i would change to a bow with 30" dl. But i would have to bend my arm a lot and this does not work very well for me, even 31" is too short. 31.5" is okay, with long loop and a bent arm. Nothing comfortable for FITA..
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

Post Thanks / Like

Default alien z

well i have an alien z that i got just for 3-d and i must say it took me a season to get it tuned the way i like it but now that its on it on! had to change my release and anchor point but it was well worth the time and tuning. cant wait till our season starts next month.

Post Thanks / Like

I got it Barry, but i am tired of this as i am not interested in speed at all.

If i could i would change to a bow with 30" dl. But i would have to bend my arm a lot and this does not work very well for me, even 31" is too short. 31.5" is okay, with long loop and a bent arm. Nothing comfortable for FITA..
    I understand, Simon. FITA is so much more about accuracy than speed. I keep telling some guys here on our indoor league they don't need to shoot heavy draw weights. That Vegas face isn't going to "jump the string" and doesn't care how long it takes the arrow to cover 20 yards.

I know from personal experience that, shooting 3D, my scores don't vary much whether my bow is shooting 265fps or 300fps. Speed isn't worth crap is ya can't make the shot.

OK, enough on speed. On to more constructive topics.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    I understand, Simon. FITA is so much more about accuracy than speed. I keep telling some guys here on our indoor league they don't need to shoot heavy draw weights. That Vegas face isn't going to "jump the string" and doesn't care how long it takes the arrow to cover 20 yards.

I know from personal experience that, shooting 3D, my scores don't vary much whether my bow is shooting 265fps or 300fps. Speed isn't worth crap is ya can't make the shot.

OK, enough on speed. On to more constructive topics.
    You are so right!
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

Post Thanks / Like

I have a longbow myself and i can hit a circle of 25cm in diameter at 18 yds. This is not for practice, just for fun of cause but it is possible.
    Do you mean "2.5cm", Simon?
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

Post Thanks / Like

No, 25 cm with the longbow.

Approx 1cm with the Compound if i have time to practice multiple times a week. Which i do not have.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

Post Thanks / Like

9.8" groups with longbow and .4" groups with compound at 18yds.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for calculating that Spiker.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

Post Thanks / Like

You need some more exercise with the longbow, Simon, but your results with the compound are quite impressive.
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows