Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: arrow selection

Post Thanks / Like

Default arrow selection

i'm goofing off at work and want to run something up a flagpole and see if it flies lol With help of a co-worker measuring to the front of the riser i get 28 1/2 inches so i'll use 29 inch arrows. i'm going to go carbon and strictly shoot to go hunting. I want to use 110 grain muzzy broadheads. I figure at 6gr per pound with tip i should be using 400gr arrows is this correct? oh yeah the bow is 60lbs dw

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rpalt1 View Post
    i'm goofing off at work and want to run something up a flagpole and see if it flies lol With help of a co-worker measuring to the front of the riser i get 28 1/2 inches so i'll use 29 inch arrows. i'm going to go carbon and strictly shoot to go hunting. I want to use 110 grain muzzy broadheads. I figure at 6gr per pound with tip i should be using 400gr arrows is this correct? oh yeah the bow is 60lbs dw
    Basically don't worry about the weight...just shoot whatever 400 spine arrow you like. That is what will work for this weight and length.

SonnyThomas

Default arrow selection

Well, most might go 1 inch front of the shelf, figure gloves, but should work.

Post Thanks / Like

Or you could shoot something that pulls back almost to the rest if you are shooting any kind of capture rest. Weight of the arrow is not an issue for you. Almost any arrow with a 400 spine will be sufficiently heavy enough.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

i looked at beamen bone collectors they seem to have a good price on them at cabelas. Thier chart shows me using the 400's. Any experience with beamen?

Post Thanks / Like

Beman are good arrows. Made by Easton. You have to start somewhere. And a 400 spine is what I'd recommend for now.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

i looked at beamen bone collectors they seem to have a good price on them at cabelas. Thier chart shows me using the 400's. Any experience with beamen?
    Bone Collector series (in anything) is nothing more than a cool little logo and an extra $10 or more to Michael Waddell. Basically, you are paying more money for no increase in performance or value.
    Firecat 400

String builder/ Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Nothing wrong with a cool logo of bones.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

I realize in the past few days if you want to stir up things up just ask about arrows lol and logos are cool lol

Post Thanks / Like

I realize in the past few days if you want to stir up things up just ask about arrows lol and logos are cool lol
    And if you're on AT all you got to do is mention Rage Broadheads, and then RUN!
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com