Thread: Saber 2011: Major Disappointment!

Post Thanks / Like

Angry Saber 2011: Major Disappointment!

I ordered the Martin Saber 2011 through a local bow shop in St. Paul, MN. I waited 3 weeks for the darn thing to come and when I go to pick it up tonight it did not have the TRG installed! It was the same old cable slide that came on my 2010 Saber! I was so pissed.

I upgraded to the 2011 Saber because of the new features like the TRG, new Hammerhead strings, and the ability to upgrade to the SOS, and they basically send me last years model!

Also, I paid and extra $40 for the SOS upgrade, and it didn't come with that either. There was a note on the box from martin saying that SOS was not available, but the catalog clearly says that this bow is upgradable to the SOS. WTF?

Here is the quote from the catalog: "Martinís revolutionary new TRG cable guard is among the improvements made for 2011. The TRG eliminates limb torque and cam lean, making the Saber even more reliable and an even better value!"

Has anyone else had problems like this with Martin?
    Martin Saber 2010
    Whisker Biscuit
    Eliminator Pro sight
    283 fps 372gr

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe the dealer can order the parts and put them on for you? Otherwise you could refuse the bow? It's clearly not what you ordered.
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

Default Refuse bow

I tried to refuse the bow tonight, but I have already paid for it and they said to come in tomorrow and they can call Martin and order the parts. I don't really want to start monkeying around with replacing parts either. Shouldn't it just come installed the way it is supposed to?

I am wondering what bow I even got, is it just last years model with new strings? How do I know if it even has the new power tough limbs?
    Martin Saber 2010
    Whisker Biscuit
    Eliminator Pro sight
    283 fps 372gr

Post Thanks / Like

To figure out what year the bow is, start by looking at the number on the sticker, first 2 numbers should be the year, and for the limbs, checks the deflection number on the side of the limb.
    2012 Alien X

Post Thanks / Like

I'd recommend calling Martin and speak to Joel in Tech Support. Tell him your story. I'll bet he'll get you taken care of pronto. Martin's reputation for excellent customer support is one of the reasons, among others, that I bought a Martin bow. I have not been disappointed by my bow or Martin's support.
    BTW, the TRG and SOS are available - I just ordered one of each today to try out on my 08 Firecat.
    2008 Martin Firecat Pro-X (29" DL, 66# DW), home-made TRG, new VEMs, DS Advantage/HHA Pro-5519 front sight, No-Peep Sight Eliminator, Limb-Driver arrow rest, B-Stinger stabilizer/dampener, custom upper STS, G5 Head-Loc quiver on custom mounting bracket. Gold Tip Velocity XT300 arrows with Bi-Delta 2.5" Sharkstooth vanes and Grizzly single-bevel broadheads, 498 grains at 262 fps (22% FOC)

SonnyThomas

Default Saber 2011: Major Disappointment!

First, you can refuse the bow. Hopefully you left the bow with the dealer. Do not except the bow as is. If you paid for the bow as you said, do not pay any more for the correct parts. It is not unusual for bows of any manufacturer to come in with wrong parts or build. I've known the wrong limbs, cams and even the wrong bow come in. These being Hoyt (cams and limbs), Pearson (cams), Bowtech (cams), Martin (limbs) and Browning (wrong bow). I never accepted any and refused rebuilds. However, the TRG is not a set of limbs or cam, just a simple installation.

If there was a error in advertising then another route will have to be taken.

Having read the catalog I to wonder. The Saber is shown with the TRG, but not the SOS.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonnyThomas View Post
    First, you can refuse the bow. Hopefully you left the bow with the dealer. Do not except the bow as is. If you paid for the bow as you said, do not pay any more for the correct parts. It is not unusual for bows of any manufacturer to come in with wrong parts or build. I've known the wrong limbs, cams and even the wrong bow come in. These being Hoyt (cams and limbs), Pearson (cams), Bowtech (cams), Martin (limbs) and Browning (wrong bow). I never accepted any and refused rebuilds. However, the TRG is not a set of limbs or cam, just a simple installation.

If there was a error in advertising then another route will have to be taken.

Having read the catalog I to wonder. The Saber is shown with the TRG, but not the SOS.
    Thanks for the advice, I really appreciate it. I did leave the bow at the dealer, and I have a feeling they will try to make me wait while they order the parts. Going to request a refund and hopefully they will oblige.
    Martin Saber 2010
    Whisker Biscuit
    Eliminator Pro sight
    283 fps 372gr

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rockyhud View Post
    I'd recommend calling Martin and speak to Joel in Tech Support. Tell him your story. I'll bet he'll get you taken care of pronto. Martin's reputation for excellent customer support is one of the reasons, among others, that I bought a Martin bow. I have not been disappointed by my bow or Martin's support.
    BTW, the TRG and SOS are available - I just ordered one of each today to try out on my 08 Firecat.
    I will do that. Thanks.
    Martin Saber 2010
    Whisker Biscuit
    Eliminator Pro sight
    283 fps 372gr