Thread: How many of you float your carbons to find the seam?

Threaded View

SonnyThomas

Default How many of you float your carbons to find the seam?

Seems some are missing the point. Floating a arrow in water is finding the heaviest side of the arrow, thus what is said to the strongest or stiffest part of the arrow.

bf's, spine tester is just that a spine tester. Weak part of the arrow and indicator gives bigger reading. This is not checking for run out.

Now, I posed this to a few knowledgeable archery notables; Stiffest part of the arrow found, which way does it go to the bow, up or down? Answer most given; Doesn't matter so long as it is aligned to the power stroke of the bow string.

Personally, I shoot my arrows. Numbered, any arrow that doesn't impact as the rest is put aside. I'll spin test them if way out they are put aside for casual plinking. I then come back with nock tune to see if it can be made to impact as the others. Here, I index the nock to the next vane and when that's done and no improvement I'll install a new nock and try again. After this and no improvement I'll refletch the arrow. Usually the arrow is corrected.
    Last edited by SonnyThomas; 02-20-2011 at 04:59 AM.