Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Targets

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Targets

What would be some recommendations for foam targets for practice?
    My new bow is alot faster than my old one so its time to get a new one.
    I'm shooting a cheetah mag set at 63lbs ics 400 hunters with 100 grain field tips

Post Thanks / Like

I've had good luck with the Block and Block Fusion. Also heard & read good things on the Spyderweb target.

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Spyder web targets are one of the most expensive. The blob is another, then the block. We make most of our own. For the simple reason they all were out after a while of shooting. Except the Spyder web, but at the price of them who can afford them.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

Mckenzie shot blocker and the black hole are a couple more layered foam targets. They will wear quick and sliver badly w bh's though.

Post Thanks / Like

Heard good things about Rinehart 18-1
    2011 Firecat 400
    2013 PSE Drive
    2012 PSE Brute X

Post Thanks / Like

Whatever you do, stay away from the $20 styrofoam target wrapped in a plastic covering. I got one at Dick's because I was new and didn't know any better, and after 40 shots I had pass throughs and had to go find the arrows in the grass behind the target. They also catch a lot of wind and blow around and fall over quite a bit.
    2012 Alien X

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HawgEnvy View Post
    Mckenzie shot blocker and the black hole are a couple more layered foam targets. They will wear quick and sliver badly w bh's though.
    Brought 1 of the Black Hole targets into the shop to try out, 1st arrow went right up to the vanes as did the rest of them. The only thing that prevented complete pass throughs was the back stop wall. Broadheads rendered the target useless in about 2 dozen shots.

Morrell makes some very good, long lasting targets, both bag and broadhead styles. Most of their bag targets can be recovered very inexpensivley and last for years.

The Rinehart 18-1 is said to be very durable and I believe they even warranty it against pass throughs for 1 year, can be shot with field points and BH's.

Advantage Custom Strings

Post Thanks / Like

Its worth getting the best get a spyderweb hard to beat easy arrow removal little pricey but woth it especially if you want to shoot inside your house or basement even in garage been shooting it for 4 months at the minimumm of 50 shots per day no pass through yet really worth buying.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by archerx7 View Post
    Brought 1 of the Black Hole targets into the shop to try out, 1st arrow went right up to the vanes as did the rest of them. The only thing that prevented complete pass throughs was the back stop wall. Broadheads rendered the target useless in about 2 dozen shots.
    I'm another not impressed Black Hole user. After one good broadhead tuning session, I had cut strips of black foam all over the yard around it. I tried to spread shots out at various dots, but still most shots went clear into vanes, if not complete blow thrus.
    Had to used it again for my most recent BH tuning. Good thing it was shooting fairly well, because about the only places that stopped an arrow were about a 6" x 6" area in the corners..........pretty much trash now.

This target thread was good timing because I was looking for a new one.
    2009 Martin Bengal M2 Pro Cam w/factory STS & CCS.....66lbs, 29" DL, 422gr @ 272fps, Winners Choice string/cable, Trophy Taker drop-away Rest, Scott Release
    1996 Martin Firecat XRG Pro Series w/Ultra Sonic wheels.....69lbs, 29" DL, 465gr @ 245fps, w/fingers & Martin leather glove

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up rh stage 2

no if s and butts about it if that is where elk slayer shoots i want to go there , yep yep