Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Targets

Post Thanks / Like

Default Targets

What would be some recommendations for foam targets for practice?
    My new bow is alot faster than my old one so its time to get a new one.
    I'm shooting a cheetah mag set at 63lbs ics 400 hunters with 100 grain field tips

Post Thanks / Like

I've had good luck with the Block and Block Fusion. Also heard & read good things on the Spyderweb target.

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Spyder web targets are one of the most expensive. The blob is another, then the block. We make most of our own. For the simple reason they all were out after a while of shooting. Except the Spyder web, but at the price of them who can afford them.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

Mckenzie shot blocker and the black hole are a couple more layered foam targets. They will wear quick and sliver badly w bh's though.

Post Thanks / Like

Heard good things about Rinehart 18-1
    2011 Firecat 400
    2013 PSE Drive
    2012 PSE Brute X

Post Thanks / Like

Whatever you do, stay away from the $20 styrofoam target wrapped in a plastic covering. I got one at Dick's because I was new and didn't know any better, and after 40 shots I had pass throughs and had to go find the arrows in the grass behind the target. They also catch a lot of wind and blow around and fall over quite a bit.
    2012 Alien X

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up rh stage 2

yup i agree with u there money ,them dang things arent worth the plastic garbage bag there wrapped in when u get it , its a shoot it once throw away bag i have had pretty good luck with the block and red head brands they dont last forever , and its always good to keep a old one for a back up

Post Thanks / Like

you could make one i made one with old cotton clothing stuffed in a box stopps my arrows at 10 feet shooting a 400gr arrow at 318fps

Post Thanks / Like

You might also consider American Whitetail Archery Targets (http://www.archerytargets.com/). I bought one of their bag targets after talking with the owner and have not regretted it. It's filled with cloth pieces and stops arrows quite nicely and removing arrows is really easy. And if/when you put enough holes in the bag cover you can order a replacement cover, slip it over the old one and keep on using the target - you don't have to discard it and buy another. They also make a good and affordable, multiple density vertical layered foam target for broadheads that holds up well and doesn't shred badly.
    08/12 Martin Firecat Pro-X (29" DL, 67,5# DW), Nitro 3 cams, home-made bent cable guard rod, new VEMs, DS Advantage/HHA Pro-5519 front sight, No-Peep Sight Eliminator, Limb-Driver arrow rest, B-Stinger stabilizer, custom lower & upper STS with offset stops, G5 Head-Loc quiver on custom mounting bracket. Gold Tip Velocity XT300 arrows with Bi-Delta 2.5" Sharkstooth vanes and Grizzly single-bevel broadheads, 498 grains at 262 fps (22% FOC)

Post Thanks / Like

What my friend and I have both used is the yellow bag you get at Wal-Mart. I believe it's a BushMaster. Deer's head on one side and 9 or 12 circles on the other. Cost is about $25 and are pretty durable. They've served us well with a lot of practice at 10-60yds.
    Ray from Auburn
    2011 Mathews Z7 w/QAD
    2011 Bear Strike Blackout w/QAD
    2011 Bowtech Assassin w/QAD
    2010 Elite Z28 w/QAD
    Carbon Express Maximas
    100gr Thunderheads
    100gr Tru-fire switchblades
    100gr Cabelas CopperHeads