Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Targets

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HawgEnvy View Post
    Mckenzie shot blocker and the black hole are a couple more layered foam targets. They will wear quick and sliver badly w bh's though.
    Brought 1 of the Black Hole targets into the shop to try out, 1st arrow went right up to the vanes as did the rest of them. The only thing that prevented complete pass throughs was the back stop wall. Broadheads rendered the target useless in about 2 dozen shots.

Morrell makes some very good, long lasting targets, both bag and broadhead styles. Most of their bag targets can be recovered very inexpensivley and last for years.

The Rinehart 18-1 is said to be very durable and I believe they even warranty it against pass throughs for 1 year, can be shot with field points and BH's.

Advantage Custom Strings

Post Thanks / Like

Its worth getting the best get a spyderweb hard to beat easy arrow removal little pricey but woth it especially if you want to shoot inside your house or basement even in garage been shooting it for 4 months at the minimumm of 50 shots per day no pass through yet really worth buying.

Post Thanks / Like

I got a Delta Speed Bag for target tip practice. I've got about 1500 shots into it and not much sign of wear on it. Most arrows remove easily with 2 fingers and not even close to a pass thru. Not rated for BH tho. For BH heard the 18-1 is hard to beat.
    -2011 Martin Silencer 63# 29.5", Limbsaver prism elite .029 sight, Alpine Whisperflite drop away rest, Alpine 5 arrow quiver, G5 1/4" Meta Peep, Carbon Express 8" stabilizer, Gold Tip Warrior and Expedition Hunter (385gr), G5 Montec
    -2011 Martin Silencer, 73# 29.5", Limbsaver prism elite .019 sight, QAD Ultra Rest Pro LD, Tight Spot 5 arrow quiver, 1/4" G5 Meta peep, Carbon Express 8" stabilizer, Gold Tip Expedition Hunter 7595 camo (441gr), G5 Montec BH.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by archerx7 View Post
    Brought 1 of the Black Hole targets into the shop to try out, 1st arrow went right up to the vanes as did the rest of them. The only thing that prevented complete pass throughs was the back stop wall. Broadheads rendered the target useless in about 2 dozen shots.
    I'm another not impressed Black Hole user. After one good broadhead tuning session, I had cut strips of black foam all over the yard around it. I tried to spread shots out at various dots, but still most shots went clear into vanes, if not complete blow thrus.
    Had to used it again for my most recent BH tuning. Good thing it was shooting fairly well, because about the only places that stopped an arrow were about a 6" x 6" area in the corners..........pretty much trash now.

This target thread was good timing because I was looking for a new one.
    2009 Martin Bengal M2 Pro Cam w/factory STS & CCS.....66lbs, 29" DL, 422gr @ 272fps, Winners Choice string/cable, Trophy Taker drop-away Rest, Scott Release
    1996 Martin Firecat XRG Pro Series w/Ultra Sonic wheels.....69lbs, 29" DL, 465gr @ 245fps, w/fingers & Martin leather glove

Post Thanks / Like

Default good timing

I too am at the stage for a new target. Black Hole is garbage. I like the size but as much as I shoot(200 arrows a day or so) it didnt last. Dicks had the morrell combo pack on sale. 1 broadhead foam and 1 yellow jacket bag. The bag held up fo a while but then started blowing cotton out the back so I duct taped it, th held for a bit. then I got a new cover(16.95) and it lasted a little longer but that one has gone by the weigh side too.
    I did a little research and I am going with the Morrell Michael Waddell's Bone Collector 400 FPS Field Point Target. 4 sides 19" x 19" x 19". Weight: 32 lbs.
    Side 1 BC logo with 6 bullseyes, side 2 a dart board, side 3 is 9 ball, and side 4
    is the vitals of a deer. Cabelas has it on sale for 69.99 + standard spipping with extra 8.00 oversized shipping however it is on backorder. Basspro has it for 74.99 + 10.50 standard shipping and an extra 18.00 oversized shipping charge! my basspro is over an hour away so driving over is still cheaper that having it shipped!!
    2010 Alien X
    29"/70#
    353gr GT Velocity XT 400 @ 320fps
    370gr GT Velocity Hunter 300 @ 315fps
    Tru-Fire Hurricane Release
    NAP Apache Rest
    Black Gold AMP 3 pin sight
    Limbsaver stabilizer
    G5 Montec

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rockyhud View Post
    You might also consider American Whitetail Archery Targets (http://www.archerytargets.com/).
    Just checking this out.......look like a pretty nice bunch of targets
    2009 Martin Bengal M2 Pro Cam w/factory STS & CCS.....66lbs, 29" DL, 422gr @ 272fps, Winners Choice string/cable, Trophy Taker drop-away Rest, Scott Release
    1996 Martin Firecat XRG Pro Series w/Ultra Sonic wheels.....69lbs, 29" DL, 465gr @ 245fps, w/fingers & Martin leather glove

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bone collector

I use the bone collector target. It has 4 sides: dartboard, vitals, dots and 9-ball. Ive prolly put 3000+ shots into it and its still good. Its heavy so the wind wont blow it around. I paid 65 bucks for it and bought a seperate broadhead target for 25 bucks at sportsmans warehouse. Has a soft outer foam and a hard inner foam. No complaints. Also the Bone Collector is rated for 400 fps.

Post Thanks / Like

I 've got a mixture of Delta and Morrell bags on my field range, and except the close targets which I have to rotate, they hold up well, the near ones get all punched out in the back, have to pound the stuffing back in and they're good for another couple of weeks. Here's the shot at the 50 yard bag

Last edited by elkslayer4x5; 03-10-2011 at 08:15 AM.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bigredhunter00 View Post
    I use the bone collector target. It has 4 sides: dartboard, vitals, dots and 9-ball. Ive prolly put 3000+ shots into it and its still good. Its heavy so the wind wont blow it around. I paid 65 bucks for it and bought a seperate broadhead target for 25 bucks at sportsmans warehouse. Has a soft outer foam and a hard inner foam. No complaints. Also the Bone Collector is rated for 400 fps.
    Welcome to the forum bigredhunter.

I have A Morrel Yellow Jacket,good for FP's,

SL
    Last edited by Simple Life; 02-24-2011 at 12:18 PM.
    2011 Firecat 400
    2013 PSE Drive
    2012 PSE Brute X

Post Thanks / Like

This looks like the same target for a slightly better price at Amazon. $69.97 + $11.49 shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by Brem View Post
    I too am at the stage for a new target. Black Hole is garbage. I like the size but as much as I shoot(200 arrows a day or so) it didnt last. Dicks had the morrell combo pack on sale. 1 broadhead foam and 1 yellow jacket bag. The bag held up fo a while but then started blowing cotton out the back so I duct taped it, th held for a bit. then I got a new cover(16.95) and it lasted a little longer but that one has gone by the weigh side too.
    I did a little research and I am going with the Morrell Michael Waddell's Bone Collector 400 FPS Field Point Target. 4 sides 19" x 19" x 19". Weight: 32 lbs.
    Side 1 BC logo with 6 bullseyes, side 2 a dart board, side 3 is 9 ball, and side 4
    is the vitals of a deer. Cabelas has it on sale for 69.99 + standard spipping with extra 8.00 oversized shipping however it is on backorder. Basspro has it for 74.99 + 10.50 standard shipping and an extra 18.00 oversized shipping charge! my basspro is over an hour away so driving over is still cheaper that having it shipped!!