Thread: onza 3 help

Post Thanks / Like

Question onza 3 help

I just bought the new Martin Onza 3 from my local archery shop and can't wait to go out for deer season (August to September for us in California). I currently have budget level gear with a truglo fiber optic sight, nap prong style rest, a truball release, and a loop with peep sight. As I go along I want to upgrade my older gear (the rest and what not) but after buying a new bow I want to get the most bang for my buck. I have some good suggestions from the local shop, but I would love to have your opinion too. For my particular bow what would you recommend for a quiver, rest, case, stabilizer, and arrows? Thanks for any extra information that you can provide.

Marty

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up rh stage 2

Imo a octane quiver , donkier stabilizer, gold tip arrows, unless yer going on a plane one of those Plano cases werks fer me , as for the rest call me old skool but I am partial to the prong rest ,I was weened on one and could see no reason to switch hope this helps , good luck with new bow

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Marty and congrats on the new bow.Gold Tips,alot of the new rest are good,I have WB's on 2 bows and might even put it on my 3rd(like the simpleness of them),Fuse,Octane make nice quivers,I still use Kwikees,and like them.Stabs ,Doinker,Simms make good products.I have both hard and soft cases,and prefer the soft,but I don't travel with my bows to far.
    Last edited by Simple Life; 02-20-2011 at 04:50 AM.
    2011 Firecat 400
    2013 PSE Drive
    2012 PSE Brute X

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome, everything you have listed comes down to personal choice and functionality for you & your bow. The Doinker chubby hunters, the Simms modulars, and the Limbsaver Windjammer are great stabilizers. I shoot Easton Axis 340 and Carbon Express Mutiny 350 arrows. They (CE) have the same specs with the exception of diameter. Eastons= $129 a doz, CE= $80 a doz. I like the Rip Cord fall away rest. Like Simple Life, I like the Kwikee quivers, simple & small and will fit almost anywhere. I fly back & forth from Nevada to Washington with my bow and love my case. SKB hunter hard case, airline approved and lockable for $99.99.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marty50 View Post
    I just bought the new Martin Onza 3 from my local archery shop and can't wait to go out for deer season (August to September for us in California). I currently have budget level gear with a truglo fiber optic sight, nap prong style rest, a truball release, and a loop with peep sight. As I go along I want to upgrade my older gear (the rest and what not) but after buying a new bow I want to get the most bang for my buck. I have some good suggestions from the local shop, but I would love to have your opinion too. For my particular bow what would you recommend for a quiver, rest, case, stabilizer, and arrows? Thanks for any extra information that you can provide.
    Marty
    Hey, a California Guy, welcome to the site. You're over in the middle of the state, so whats that, D zone? I'm also in Calif. over on the north coast, and hunt both A and B zones, since I live near thr top of the A zone, which starts the 2nd week of July to Aug, B zone opens the same as your zone.
    I also use NAP Quiktune prong style rests, not much top fail with them, hate a quiver on my bow, and have a quiver mount fastened to my backpack belt for when I get off the bike that I use for most of the Timber company land hunting thats avaible, I prefer a soft case, maybe because I make them, unless I have to fly, and then its a hard gorilla proff case, Sims S coil, Carbo Experss for hunting, Goldtips fro paper punching.
    Shameless plug follows:
    http://s1134.photobucket.com/albums/...er/for%20sale/
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Smile thanks

Thank you all for the help. It is always good to get as many opinions as possible. Elkslayer I am in D7 (shaver lake, huntington lake) area. Not far from D6 and D8 either. I definitely need a hard case so I can store in the back of the truck at times (but your soft cases do look like nice).

I am going to continue to look at all the pros and cons of the equipment list.

Thanks again!

Marty

Post Thanks / Like

I have an Onza 3, and love the bow. For a rest I have a QAD HD drop away, stabilizer I have a Sims x-coil, peep sight is a G5. My sight is a Trophy Ridge Hitman 5. I will say the bow was loud, I had cat whiskers installed and it made a big difference. Enjoy your bow.

Post Thanks / Like

i have an onza 3 , quad hunter rest, fletcher peep, truglo tooless micro ajust
    5 pin sight, no quiver, been shooting it without a stablizer, but if i do it will be a sims 4 1/2" s coil, this one just shoots and feels good without a stabalizer. i put a quickee three arrow quiver on my bows until i get in the popup blind then i take it off just a tool to get my arrows to the blind.
    curtis

2010 nemesis camo, 2011 nemesis carbon fiber,
    2010 onza 3 camo,