Thread: Broke Bow

afitch

Default Broke Bow

I carry my Martin Bengal bow in a soft case and try to carry it with care. Yesterday I was practicing at my outdoor range and when I drew the bow I thought I heard a metal sound behind me. I released the arrow and observed the hit and nocked another arrow and drew it back. I heard the same sound again. This time when I released the arrow, it took a nose dive and hit the ground a foot in front of my target. I started checking the sight and arrow rest and twisted the bow looking something wrong. That's when I observed the delamination of the fiber from the lower limb starting at the crotch of the fork and working its way up about six inches. See pics. I am very reluctant to even move the bow in fear it may come appart in my hands. Any ideas what caused this? Is it possible to replace just one limb? Is there any chance, this is an 08 bow I bought new in 09, that Martin would replace this defective product?

brokebow1.JPG

brokebow2.jpg

brokebow3.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

sorry to hear, it happens martin seem pretty good about takeing care of customers. years ago i had a limb break on two of my bows not martin. there are a few guys here that will point you in the right direction. i would replace both limbs

Post Thanks / Like

Back the limb bolts out untill you can see the end of the bolt in the barrel nut, to help take some of the stress off the limbs. if you are the original owner, Martin will warranty the bow and provide new limbs to get the bow repaired. You will need to take it to your local Pro Shop and have them call tech/warranty support 800.541.2186. They will most likley replace both limbs if you are the original owner.

Advantage Custom Strings

Post Thanks / Like

Would get in contact with your dealer or the shop that sold you the bow. From most of the post I've seen Joel at there customer service how you should call at Martin. Phone: 509.529.2554 Not sure where you are located but remember they are on the west coast (Washington State). Anyone that you talk to there they all are very heplful.

Oh yea back the limb bolts of as said earlier. And I'm sure Martin will have you back up and shooting in no time
    '08 Firecat a righty
    '06 Slayer a lefty
    "97 High Country Protec

Post Thanks / Like

One of the reasons I purchased a 2010 Bengal was alot of folks on here spoke of Martin's customer service and reliability. Curious to see how this turns out for you.
    2010 Bengal,63#, 28dl, Easton ST Excels 400s @ 27.5", GT 5575s @ 27.5", or Beman 400s @ 27.5, ST 100 Magnums/Grim Reapers, older WB, Bonecollector 1100 Sights, LimbSaver "S" coil stabilizer, Grayling four arrow quiver, nocturnal nocks, Hutch-n-Sons cable/strings

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by parttimr View Post
    One of the reasons I purchased a 2010 Bengal was alot of folks on here spoke of Martin's customer service and reliability. Curious to see how this turns out for you.
    Based on what I've read on this board over the last couple of years, I'm gonna say CS should have him up and shooting again soon. Horrible looking de-lam !
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

afitch

Default Broke Bow

Thanks to all for the helpful words. Will advise when I contact Martin

Gus

Post Thanks / Like

I can certainly relate to this problem and report Martin took care of my cracked limb problem splendidly. My lower limb cracked almost exactly as this one - very similar sounds and final death throws as it finally came cracked out like this case. I called Martin and spoke with Joel who directed me to get it to a pro dealer. I did and about 7-10 days later I had my bow back with a new pair of limbs and ready to shoot. I haven't had any issues of any sort since then.
    08/13 Martin Firecat Pro-X (29" DL, 67.5# DW), Nitro 3 cams, home-made bent cable guard rod, new VEMs, DS Advantage/HHA Pro-5519 front sight, No-Peep Sight Eliminator, Limb-Driver arrow rest, B-Stinger stabilizer, custom lower & upper STS with offset stops, G5 Head-Loc quiver on custom mounting bracket. Gold Tip Velocity XT300 arrows with Bi-Delta 2.5" Sharkstooth vanes and Grizzly single-bevel broadheads, 498 grains at 262 fps (22% FOC)