Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Martin Pantera 2010, Peep sight install.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Martin Pantera 2010, Peep sight install.

Hello, soon I am planning to install my peep sight, but before I place my order of the sight, and silicone tube, I need to know for one. What is the best type of string to use when tying it into place.
    I plan to install it myself, yes but I'm more of a "hands on" person. It's not a real rush priority because I can't adjust the sights until I re fletch all my arrows.
    But anyway, as said, I just need to know what to use to tie it into place when it's finally in the right spot.

I would prefer if eaglearchery's store had it, because it's were I'm getting my peep sight/tubing from.

Post Thanks / Like

Any type of serving thread will work fine, I prefer to use BCY 2x myself.

Welcome to the forums.

Advantage Custom Strings

Post Thanks / Like

I would caution you about using a "tube type Peep" as they have a tendency to cut into the string over time, have had to replace several strings that had strands of the string cut by the tube peep. Doesn't that 2010 Pantera have quaility strings already? Not only does the tube slow your bow down, they're noisy !
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://cascadianbowmen.com/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elkslayer4x5 View Post
    I would caution you about using a "tube type Peep" as they have a tendency to cut into the string over time, have had to replace several strings that had strands of the string cut by the tube peep. Doesn't that 2010 Pantera have quaility strings already? Not only does the tube slow your bow down, they're noisy !
    X2.There is some good tubeless peeps such as Meta and Red Eye and a couple others.
    2011 Firecat 400
    2013 PSE Drive
    2012 PSE Brute X

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the help!

A tubeless peep would be nice. I'm interested in how they work

I'm new to the whole compound bow concept. I've had one before, just never near this level.

So If you have any other recommendations, do tell, I will listen

Also you said there are a couple other brands as well for the sights?
    Last edited by Travis; 02-20-2011 at 09:18 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

As per the 2010 catalog the Pantera wears Double Helix strings. These have been known to not be a premium string and may give some peep rotation, therefore a tube peep might be called for, as much as I dislike them.

Tube peeps will have a tendency to pull up the string so serving them in is something I would recommend, keeping the serving above the peep as close as possible. What type of string to use? Regular serving will do fine. I have even used dental floss. Suit yourself.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

How likely is the string to twist? I use a mechanical release with a d-loop which is on fairly tight so it always forces the string to be the same direction when I pull it back.

It's kinda a toss up.... slowly damaging the string... or the string twisting and it not lining up >_<

String builder/ Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

A well built string will not have any peep rotation. When you put in a peep in the proper location it will not move or rotate. If it does you can train your peep with your d loop. Here is a link to show you how to install properly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZsDi...eature=related

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch~n~Son Archery View Post
    A well built string will not have any peep rotation. When you put in a peep in the proper location it will not move or rotate. If it does you can train your peep with your d loop. Here is a link to show you how to install properly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZsDi...eature=related

Hutch
    Thanks! That's the same guy that I learned how to make a d-loop from

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Life View Post
    X2.There is some good tubeless peeps such as Meta and Red Eye and a couple others.
    I do like the EP Redeye peeps, but you still need to carefully check them before installing. The last order I got in had a few with some wicked sharp edges that needed to be touched up prior to installing. Fletcher makes a very fine peep also, at half the price of the Meta and EP.

Advantage Custom Strings