Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Martin Pantera 2010, Peep sight install.

Post Thanks / Like

This is most likely a dumb question but I'll ask anyway. It's kind of hard to explain so I hope you can understand my question.

When you split the strings to insert the peep at the required height I notice some seem to separate the strings by color, say black and green for the Hammerhead strings. I assume this is for looks, but it makes me wonder how do you get the peep in the right position? If the twist of the string isn't in the perfect spot where you need it isn't the peep going to be in the wrong place?
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

As you mention the string orientation might be off some with the peep at the right height. I used to just split the string strands as needed, but the last couple of years I've thought about it come to the conclusion that this may unbalance the string so now I do separate the colors. If the string is off then I put on the trusty Bowmaster press and *** or subtract a 1/2 twist or whatever is needed to get the peep orientation facing straight back. Usually I can get it right on, but if it's off a few degrees I don't mess with it.

This stuff I almost always do outside at my archery club and that's where the Bowmaster comes in handy.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    As you mention the string orientation might be off some with the peep at the right height. I used to just split the string strands as needed, but the last couple of years I've thought about it come to the conclusion that this may unbalance the string so now I do separate the colors. If the string is off then I put on the trusty Bowmaster press and *** or subtract a 1/2 twist or whatever is needed to get the peep orientation facing straight back. Usually I can get it right on, but if it's off a few degrees I don't mess with it.

This stuff I almost always do outside at my archery club and that's where the Bowmaster comes in handy.
    Barry - you do what to - (never mind )

MLN - It is what Barry said and sometimes you have to shoot it a dozen times to let it settle then add/subtract another 1/2...
    Once it is there tho - it will stay there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spiker View Post
    Barry - you do what to - (never mind )

MLN - It is what Barry said and sometimes you have to shoot it a dozen times to let it settle then add/subtract another 1/2...
    Once it is there tho - it will stay there.
    Sorry 'bout that. D is right next to the S. LOL.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

SonnyThomas

Default Martin Pantera 2010, Peep sight install.

What I've heard of the Red Eye peep it's best to stay away from it. The first ones to come out cut the the bow string. They were supposedly corrected and still the problem exists.

Good, bad or indifferent, there is nothing wrong with the rubber tubing align peep. The rubber tubing isn't the "bad guy" like people say. Installed correctly it doesn't wear a string any more than the next. That bobby pin clip that comes with a kit should thrown away and the tubing tied on the cable. It should be tied so that it aligns with the post of the peep. It should be "fitted" as long as possible and yet still align the peep. The tubing does get used and does dry out and should be checked ever so often and replaced when necessary. It's called maintenance, just like checking the oil in your vehicle.
    Noisey? I don't know. 33 deer evidently didn't hear the rubber flopping around. My hunting bow has the rubber tubing. My target bows don't.