Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Single or multi pin sight

Post Thanks / Like

Default Single or multi pin sight

I have always shot multi pin sights,but I have been looking hard at single pin sight for the new bow.Any one have any thoughts about single pins-pros/cons
    or should I stick with multi.This would be for hunting situations only.
    as always any info is much appreciated

SL
    2011 Firecat 400
    2013 PSE Drive
    2012 PSE Brute X

Post Thanks / Like

I hunt with a single pin slider, and love it. I have no problem getting enough distance with the HHA's, 65 yds on the 63#er and 75 + on the 55#er. I have a tough time with multi pin sights, just too much stuff in the pin housing for me, all I want to see is my pin and the critter thats in trouble! I leave my HHA OL 5519 set at 30 yds, not locked down. Also carry and use a rangefinder. Most of my hunting is done on Timber company lands, which will allow hunting if you apply for permission. It all behind locked gates, with plenty of roads. You can walk, or ride a bike, no motorized vehicles. Shots range from 10 to 60+ yds on some of the clearcuts. I made the pack on the back of the bike to carry out a quartered deer, it has 2500 cu. in. of storage, compression straps to secure the load, and is cut to provide heel clearence while pedaling.

http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

I prefer a sinlge pin slider, too. I guess a lot has to do with how old your eyes are. As I got older I had a harder time focusing on multiple pins. The colors all fade together for me. Having only one pin means there is no possibilty of picking the wrong one when the adrenalin is rushing although that has ebbed, too.

I hunt eastern hardwoods for deer where shots rarely exceed 30 yards and usuallt less than that. Setting a single pin for 25 yards allows for shooting from 5 yards to 30 yards with little to no sight correction as with a speed of 265fps my arrows are always within 3" of the aiming point which puts the arrow well within the vitals. It keeps things fairly simple. If the deer is within 30 yards then aim and shoot.

I could and have done this with a pure single pin sight, but the slider allows me to practice at longer ranges and makes for more pin point accuracy for local 3D shoots.

At most I've rarely used more than two pins on any hunting bow. As I said, KISS.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

5pin on my hunting bow.. would use a slider if I had an extra, thou if i ever slap the toxonic on the target bow i would use the HHA again.. HHA on the boy's bow. its all he realy knows.. lots of guys are using the single pin as Barry said. keep it simple....set it forget it... I am a ground pounder shot's happen when and where ever at odd ranges.. most of the time you can set a slider but not always hate when they hang up, or come in from an unexpected lane..
    It's all fun an games till you put that big boy on the ground.. now its time to get to work
    Martin cougarIII elite nitrous C cam X system & HHA
    Darton Fury recurve

http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I use a single pin Pro hunter its quick and easy to see and to use.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    I prefer a sinlge pin slider, too. I guess a lot has to do with how old your eyes are. As I got older I had a harder time focusing on multiple pins. The colors all fade together for me. Having only one pin means there is no possibilty of picking the wrong one when the adrenalin is rushing although that has ebbed, too.

I hunt eastern hardwoods for deer where shots rarely exceed 30 yards and usuallt less than that. Setting a single pin for 25 yards allows for shooting from 5 yards to 30 yards with little to no sight correction as with a speed of 265fps my arrows are always within 3" of the aiming point which puts the arrow well within the vitals. It keeps things fairly simple. If the deer is within 30 yards then aim and shoot.

I could and have done this with a pure single pin sight, but the slider allows me to practice at longer ranges and makes for more pin point accuracy for local 3D shoots.

At most I've rarely used more than two pins on any hunting bow. As I said, KISS.
    What Barry says.
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather.. Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elkslayer4x5 View Post
    I hunt with a single pin slider, and love it. I have no problem getting enough distance with the HHA's, 65 yds on the 63#er and 75 + on the 55#er. I have a tough time with multi pin sights, just too much stuff in the pin housing for me, all I want to see is my pin and the critter thats in trouble! I leave my HHA OL 5519 set at 30 yds, not locked down. Also carry and use a rangefinder. Most of my hunting is done on Timber company lands, which will allow hunting if you apply for permission. It all behind locked gates, with plenty of roads. You can walk, or ride a bike, no motorized vehicles. Shots range from 10 to 60+ yds on some of the clearcuts. I made the pack on the back of the bike to carry out a quartered deer, it has 2500 cu. in. of storage, compression straps to secure the load, and is cut to provide heel clearence while pedaling.

Nice set-up,last time a touched a pedal bike<i was teenager,I probably die of heart failure
    2011 Firecat 400
    2013 PSE Drive
    2012 PSE Brute X

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the input,now I have to pick between a few-anybody use or tried these let me know how you like it-really appreciate this.

Tru-Glow Range Rover
    Cobra Easy Slide 2
    Viper Predator Quickset 2500 Single-Pin
    PSE Slider 2 sight(sorry)

HHA are too expensive right now,thats why they are not in here.This is the last accessory I need.My archery shops around here,kinda suck,so I will have to order in.Real sorry for all the questions.

SL
    2011 Firecat 400
    2013 PSE Drive
    2012 PSE Brute X

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rangerj View Post
    What Barry says.
    How do you like your Range Rover?
    2011 Firecat 400
    2013 PSE Drive
    2012 PSE Brute X

Post Thanks / Like

Single pin for me. Truglo Rangerover on most.