Thread: New Cable Guard and String Suppressor

Live in Boerne TX. Work where the oil is found.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default New Cable Guard and String Suppressor

Can these be retrofitted to 2010 bows?
    Just want to make sure before I drop the $$.
    I've got a '10 Firecat and also have a '10 Shadowcat on the way.
    Thanks,
    doc
    Semper Fi! Corpsman Up!

Life Member of PETA
    (People for the Eating of Tasty Animals))

SonnyThomas

Default New Cable Guard and String Suppressor

It's said the TRG/SOS won't fit, but someone in here put one on his bow.

Keep a heads up.

Post Thanks / Like

Correct. It was dan476 in this thread (http://www.martinarchery.com/mtechfo...?t=8505&page=2).

Since checking out his 08 Moab pics with the TRG/SOS and reading of a few others experimenting with it I finally pulled the trigger and ordered them for my 08 Firecat last week. I'm anxiously awaiting delivery so I can see if it will work or not.
    08/13 Martin Firecat Pro-X (29" DL, 67.5# DW), Nitro 3 cams, home-made bent cable guard rod, new VEMs, DS Advantage/HHA Pro-5519 front sight, No-Peep Sight Eliminator, Limb-Driver arrow rest, B-Stinger stabilizer, custom lower & upper STS with offset stops, G5 Head-Loc quiver on custom mounting bracket. Gold Tip Velocity XT300 arrows with Bi-Delta 2.5" Sharkstooth vanes and Grizzly single-bevel broadheads, 498 grains at 262 fps (22% FOC)

Post Thanks / Like

I asked in YouTube and the person who runs the MartinArchery channel said that the TRG/SOS can't be put on a 2008 bow.
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

Post Thanks / Like

He apparently didn't check with dan476. I too hope to be able to prove him wrong very soon.
    08/13 Martin Firecat Pro-X (29" DL, 67.5# DW), Nitro 3 cams, home-made bent cable guard rod, new VEMs, DS Advantage/HHA Pro-5519 front sight, No-Peep Sight Eliminator, Limb-Driver arrow rest, B-Stinger stabilizer, custom lower & upper STS with offset stops, G5 Head-Loc quiver on custom mounting bracket. Gold Tip Velocity XT300 arrows with Bi-Delta 2.5" Sharkstooth vanes and Grizzly single-bevel broadheads, 498 grains at 262 fps (22% FOC)