Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2011 Shadowcat

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2011 Shadowcat

Why were the TRG/SOS taken off of the 2011 Shadowcat?

Post Thanks / Like

where did you find this information? It still shows that it is equipped with the set up on their website.

Post Thanks / Like

I found that two places:
    1) Archery talk had posts stating it was gone and...
    2) on the Martin website at:
    http://www.martinarchery.com/2011/shadowcat.php

on the website it does not show the trg/sos or write about it being on the Cat.

Post Thanks / Like

hmm, thats weird. It still shows it equipped with them i the picture. I don't understand why they would do that.

Post Thanks / Like

For those that are curious, I removed the normal cable guard on my 2010 Shadowcat and installed the new TRG and SOS and it works fine. I have been using it for a couple months now with no issues.

The only thing I have noticed on the TRG is that it does wear the cables more if they are not wrapped like they should be for a roller guard. I would suggest wrapping the cables with HALO just like you would for a roller guard. This will make it more durable where they rub through the TRG. Just my experience after 2 months of use.

Post Thanks / Like

Really, you get a pic with TRG and SOS attached? The pic I get when I click on the link looks like the same pic as the 2010 Shadowcat.

Post Thanks / Like

once you get to the Shadowcat page, then click on the bows on the right and another page will load and it does show the Shadowcat with the TRG and SOS.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bcriner View Post
    For those that are curious, I removed the normal cable guard on my 2010 Shadowcat and installed the new TRG and SOS and it works fine. I have been using it for a couple months now with no issues.

The only thing I have noticed on the TRG is that it does wear the cables more if they are not wrapped like they should be for a roller guard. I would suggest wrapping the cables with HALO just like you would for a roller guard. This will make it more durable where they rub through the TRG. Just my experience after 2 months of use.
    ah ha! joan-who-says-she-used-to-work-for-Martin informed me that the TRG and SOS wouldn't fit my 2010 Shadowcat.
    So, have you noticed any benefit justifying the cost of the modification?

SonnyThomas

Default 2011 Shadowcat

Yeah, weird. Of the link, the details note the rise machined from a solid block, as in no more 3 piece riser. And in the 2011 catalog it says the same thing, solid block aluminum riser, but then shows the TRG/SOS.

Post Thanks / Like

If you order a TRG and SOS kit, it will work on the 2010. That is all I did and it works fine. Now I will say that the specs for the 2010 show 7 1/2" BH will the 2011 is 7 3/4". I don't recall what mine is set at exactly, but again, the TRG/SOS does work on mine. I don't see or notice a difference either way. I just put it on there to let it do what it is suppose to do...eliminate torque on the cams...mine were running straight to start with. Either way, I see no issues.