Thread: why are the new Martins...

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

Default why are the new Martins...

so short? I was just looking at the 2011 line-up and noticed that all are 33.25" and less except the Shadowcat which is 40+". I was thinking today about all the bows I've owned and realized that I'm most accurate with a 34-35" AtA bow. I usually start with a 29" draw and end up shortening it up to 28.5". It's more comfortable IMO and I feel more in control of the bow and my release providing more accuracy.

so if I decided to buy an '11 Martin, I would be limited to the Onza 3 @ 33.25" ata. I've got the Cheetah and I enjoy shooting it very much. But due to the short ata length,my sometimes less than perfect release or other variables diminish my accuracy. Not enough to keep me from hunting w it,by any means. But I won't be shooting spots or 34 leagues with it.

thoughts or opinions? It's ater mid-night and I'm being harassed by the wife to go to bed. So,goodnight,all

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, the 34-36 A2A bows are few and far between. Not cool for finger shooters.... My wife wants a new bow and needs 36" A2A as a finger shooter; also has a 25" draw length. Would be AWESOME if Martin has something for her, but they do not. Only thing available then is that PSE Bow Madness XL. Wife say's it's a fugly bow and that's hard to argue, does shoots quite well though and it's the only real good A2A finger shooter bow with short draw length. Would be good to have more A2A bows in the 34-36 A2A range.

Post Thanks / Like

Look at the Nemesis and the Alien Z, both are right in that range and are Great shooting bows.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spiker View Post
    Look at the Nemesis and the Alien Z, both are right in that range and are Great shooting bows.
    your right on both accounts. I shot the '10 Nemesis when it was offered to me for $10 over dealer cost. Very smooth,dead in the hand. The riser design doesn't appeal to me. Though I will admit that it isn't as bulky feeling in the hand as it looks like it would be. I wouldn't consider a Matthews Z7 or Monster(they were hangin on the same rack)either because of the bulky appearance.

that's part of the reason I was looking for a '10 Warthog(35"ata). I couldn't find one anywhere except ebay. I like to shoot before I buy,generally.

my C3 is 36.5" ata and shoots great. However, it feels like it wants to pull my arm off. Timing is good, draw length is perfect. I like the bow,but could like it more if I could relax a bit at full draw.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you've narrowed it down to an Alien Z with the 1.5's.
    Post pics when you have it all set up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spiker View Post
    Sounds like you've narrowed it down to an Alien Z with the 1.5's.
    Post pics when you have it all set up.
    nah, I'll continue my search for a all black warthog mag. Until then I've got the AM35