Thread: Arrows keep going to the left?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Arrows keep going to the left?

Today I re-fletched my arrows and noticed as I did before, that the arrows keep to the left of were I'm aiming.

The only way I have found to stop it is to move my sights almost as far as it will go to the left. Any ideas on what could be causing this?

I also had to set my pin on my sight extremely close to the middle pin on my sight because they were going down a bit too.

The arrow rest seems level, but I don't really have any tools to test it with.
    Also I side note. I'm using a regular 3 pin sight with no peep sight, but will be installing one soon.
    Last edited by Travis; 02-22-2011 at 01:51 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

What bow are you shooting and what is the draw weight and draw length, also what arrows and length?
    You can use any type of square (carpenters, framing etc) to see where the rest/nock point is at - or even a piece of paper or cardboard (cover of a notebook..) to give you a rough idea of where yer at.

Post Thanks / Like

Arrow length: 32"
    Arrow Fletching: 2" Blazer's

Draw weight: 55lbs
    Draw Length: 31"

Bow Type: Martin Pantera
    Year: 2010

---
    It seems like the arrows dropping to far is still a problem. Just checked my d-loop/rest alignment and it's great. So can't figure out much from that >_<

Post Thanks / Like

What arrows? Brand and spine. Point weight. Type of rest.

You might need to start from scratch with the setup. Sounds like the rest might be left of center on the bow.

Without a peep I wouldn't worry about the POI of the arrow right now. This might correct itself once you have a peep in the string. I'm guessing that possibly the bow's draw length is too long for you causing you to float your anchor on longer shots, but this is purely speculation at this point.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Don't know how much it makes a difference but I use a whisker biscuit rest

Post Thanks / Like

you can knock an arrow take some measurements of the arrow on how far from the riser it is on the front and the back side of the riser.. they sould be the same this will be a starting point then you can papper tune 1/16 out can make a big difference.. spine, weight tip,anchor point like bfisher said all comes into play.. good luck