Thread: powder coating bow

Post Thanks / Like

Default powder coating bow

Can any one tell me if you can powder coat the riser and cams of a martin leopard the wife would like them in pink with black limbs.

Thanks for your help

Post Thanks / Like

I would think that it could be done. A while back a member wanted a red/orange peep to go with his new strings, another member did a couple for, and left a link where he got the powder, can't recall who had the link, but hang around, they'll pop up.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

I had one of my bows powdercoated a couple years ago, and painted the limbs with Duracoat bumper paint. No problem whatsoever, I did mine all black.

Post Thanks / Like

You can powder coat all the metal parts, but I would paint the limbs. Powder coating is a heat process, "painted" on the metal then oven baked to activate it. The oven may weaken or damage the lamination.
    I'm a Lefty

2011 Martin Ridge Hunter
    2012 Rytera Alien Z
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elkslayer4x5 View Post
    I would think that it could be done. A while back a member wanted a red/orange peep to go with his new strings, another member did a couple for, and left a link where he got the powder, can't recall who had the link, but hang around, they'll pop up.
    That was me and Spiker did the Peep.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

Post Thanks / Like

Yo, Spiker! If its' not to much trouble could you post the link to the powder coating supply link you posten when you did Montalaar's peeps? I've lost it and know that other would like to have it as well, Thanks.
    I remembered who's peeps they were, and tried to find that thread, but had no luck, and even thought that it was Spiker that did the work. Ah well, happens when you get to be 66.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

Post Thanks / Like

Eastwood supply is where I buy my powder. Links posted above.
    I am in the process, as we type, of setting up a full blown powder shop (I sold my chopper business) and if all goes well in the next week or two will be ready to pc just about anything.
    My limitations before were the size of my curing ovens. I couldn't do anything much over about 28" long.
    We are taking care of that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spiker View Post
    Eastwood supply is where I buy my powder. Links posted above.
    I am in the process, as we type, of setting up a full blown powder shop (I sold my chopper business) and if all goes well in the next week or two will be ready to pc just about anything.
    My limitations before were the size of my curing ovens. I couldn't do anything much over about 28" long.
    We are taking care of that.
    Wow! Great news for everyone here!
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL