Thread: draw weight -vs- draw length.

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up draw weight -vs- draw length.

ok so I have a second hand orion magnum (guess thats what it is)
    , got for a good price, lovin it so far.

but the weight is a little much for me, Im not that big of a guy. so I started to search on how to adjust the weight. easy enuff, so i tryd it out,
    (kinda mechanical)
    took it out one turn top and bottom, check the measurement (not sure what it's called) from limb corner to string. top and bottom, not far off, (within tolerances id say)

but I noticed that the draw length is longer

ok so my question is, does lowering the draw weight, lengthen, the draw length. or did I screw something up.

and how do I tell what Modular? (as it's called) do I have. if I deside to change the length. the only nuber I see on the one I have is F-3 (havent took it off yet.

SonnyThomas

Default draw weight -vs- draw length.

First, you can get on the Martin web site and get older manuals. This should help on the mods, F3 may be 28" for draw length. Beings you have a model name this is what to look for.

Of older, what I call standard limb angle configuration (non-parallel), lessen draw weight can lengthen draw length, but usually minimal, 1/4" or so, but this depends on limbs maxed out to limbs backed off to minimum.