Thread: bow cracked the first time I shot it

Post Thanks / Like

Default bow cracked the first time I shot it

I bought a martin Bone hunter on 1-1-11 and just had it tuned last week. Well I went to the range and about 40 or so shots in I looked at the riser, I think thats what its called, its around where the cheetah logo is. Cracked all the way around. Went to draw back and noticed the paint was stressed cracked all over it. Im kinda bumed my first bow broke the first time I take it out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bonehunter View Post
    I bought a martin Bone hunter on 1-1-11 and just had it tuned last week. Well I went to the range and about 40 or so shots in I looked at the riser, I think thats what its called, its around where the cheetah logo is. Cracked all the way around. Went to draw back and noticed the paint was stressed cracked all over it. Im kinda bumed my first bow broke the first time I take it out.
    You are correct, it is the riser.
    The bow is under warranty. Just take the bow back to Dick's and you should be all set. Keep us posted.
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

It's at the range it broke at there a Martin dealer I'm just wondering if they will just offer me an up charge for a 2011 bow since they don't make my bow any more.

Post Thanks / Like

It's at the range it broke at there a Martin dealer I'm just wondering if they will just offer me an up charge for a 2011 bow since they don't make my bow any more.
    No, I don't think you will be charged anything. However, I can't guarantee anything.
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows

Post Thanks / Like

Is the riser cracked or did 'just' the paint around the connection of the two pieces of the 3-piece-construction crack?
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy

It looks like its cracked even the owner of the shop thought so will see what they say.

Post Thanks / Like

It looks like its cracked even the owner of the shop thought so will see what they say.
    That's too bad. These things happen, but Martin does take good care of their customers.

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Better safe than sorry. Martin will take care of you. Sorry to here the bad news. We have all gone through something like that. I had a 2007 Bengal and a month before Hunting I had a crack in the limb. I brought it in to get repaired. One or two weeks later I got it back and it was great. A few days before Hunting my son noticed a splinter on the upper limb. Hunting was very short last year. But Martin came through.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Is it camo - hydrographic dipped??

Post Thanks / Like

Default Breaking Martins

Bought a Martin Bengal last year with the wife, 4months later got my string replaced. While at the proshop, he had me shoot and on my 2nd arrow, the bottom limb split from where the cutout for the cam is straight down the middle about 1/4 inch wide. I heard the crack but at a quick glance didnt see no damage. Got ready to draw back and thats when my proshop guy noticed the damage. He kept the bow and got it fixed for me with in a week and half, since then no problems shooting at all.