Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'm new

Post Thanks / Like

Gary,
    Glad to have you on board this forum. Can you give us any insight into the improvements of the Nitro Cam over the Cat 2?
    2010 Alien X
    29"/70#
    353gr GT Velocity XT 400 @ 320fps
    370gr GT Velocity Hunter 300 @ 315fps
    Tru-Fire Hurricane Release
    NAP Apache Rest
    Black Gold AMP 3 pin sight
    Limbsaver stabilizer
    G5 Montec

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to have you here as well, Gary. I read much of what you wrote on AT and quickly found myself in over my head. Perhaps while you're answering the above, you can give us your thoughts on exactly why the new solid limbs are better than the laminated limbs.....mine were exchanged for the solid on the last limb crack and I wasn't too happy about it, but maybe it was necessary.

Thanks Again Gary...we look forward to having you share your great knowledge of archery.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by archerx7 View Post
    Martin Pro staff ? Welcome to the forum. What bow are you shooting this year ? ASA or IBO ?
    yes I'm on the team staff. I have been since the late 90's.

I will shoot the same now for both *** and Ibo. I will just change arrows.

The bow I shoot will change throughout the year. However I can promise it will not have a roller guard. Other than that who knows which one at this point I really like the onza 3.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Gary in you estimation, how much cam lean does the TRG remove?

Why no roller guard? Because of increased cam lean, loss of speed, both other reason(s)?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gstudt View Post
    I have been shooting martin bows ever since I've been big enough to keep the bottom cam (I mean wheel) from touching the ground.

Currently I'm shooting the new Onza 3. This bow has several major 2011 improvements. It not as fast as my Alien Z but no doubt easier to tune.

2011 great notible changes 3 of them.

1. The new Limb! Much better durable and less flex that causes cam lean.

2. The new limb pocket. Just more solid and robust as well. Keep the limbs and cams straight.

3. The new TRG rod, slide and string stop. Pretty much a A-Plus.

I have already learned using the TRG you cables DO wear so be aware of that. I have already decided all my cables will be served with Mini Halo. The Mini Halo is a slick serving and very durable. I'm still investigating how much if any it will were on the new TRG slide rails.

Another side note. If you have the TRG system and shoot alot on the road you will want to carry an extra Rubber stop just because.

You guys are welcome to ask me any questions you want. I will respond with all the knowledge I have.

I now have a Firecat 400 that I'm going to start to mess around with too.

Good Luck shooting.
    Welcome to the forum Gary,nice review.So is the string cutting into the stop?
    I would like to hear about the FC400 when your done.

SL
    2011 Firecat 400
    2013 PSE Drive
    2012 PSE Brute X