Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Bow

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck with the new stick and string I hope everything gets figured out

Post Thanks / Like

MLN1963. You make a couple good points as to the quality control issue.

I haven't called Joel yet to check about the cams, but I don't think there has been much selling of a "bill of goods" as you say. Maybe the change in the Cat cams is that they just adopted the Hybrix cams used on last year's Rytera line which many people thought had a slightly nicer draw cycle but still kept the speed. If this is the case then the Nitro is a renamed Hybrix cam and is interchangable so really no harm done there. I certainly can't feel anything odd when shooting the bow.

As for the riser color? I had called Rytera and Joel some months ago to find out if the risers were carbon fiber or Black powder coat. Neither could give me an answer at that time so I accepted the fact that it would be black when I got it, and it is. Black carbon fiber pattern.

The limbs? Yeah, that should have been caught as the order form did say Bonz, but I'm really not that picky about it. I may just send the whole bow off to get Predator Fall Grey on it. Still, I get your point. Then again, as can happen sometimes, they didn't have any of my limbs with the Bonz camo so put the bow together with what they had and expecting me to accept it or call trusty Joel to get them exchanged. But yes, with two people checking over the bow one of them should have caught this and maybe had the courtesy to call me for approval. Lucky for them I'm not real picky.

Brem, I really like the saddleback grip. I think this is a real nice improvement as it just feels natural and the corners are rounded off nicely. It feels better in the hand because of this and just may contribute to less hand torque.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Barry-
    Sounds like it shot pretty well for you the first time out.
    What is the deflection # on your AZ limbs?
    What was the ata and bh on the Nemesis?

Post Thanks / Like

I still think there are some glaring quality control issues at Martin on this one. Bottom line, you didn't get what you ordered. Sure, an assembly line worker can have a bad day and something can slip through the cracks. Two workers shouldn't be having the same bad day. If one bow has this many issues, how many other bows went out that day with one or more issues?

You seem to have the inside line to Martin. You would be doing them a big favor if you contacted someone with the proper authority and let them know what kind of product you got. There are too many good bow manufactures out there that Martin, or any brand for that matter, doesn't need this kind of publicity.
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spiker View Post
    Barry-
    Sounds like it shot pretty well for you the first time out.
    What is the deflection # on your AZ limbs?
    What was the ata and bh on the Nemesis?
    Yes, the Nemisis is quite pleasant to shoot. I'm sure I'll like it even more once I get a chance to get outside. I like shooting outdoors much more so than indoors.

The limb deflection on my AZ is 195. They're 175 on the Nemisis.

The specs on the Nemisis came in very close. ata was right under 34". Less than 1/16" and the brace height measured 6 7/8".

One thing I never gave much thought but am learning is that because the limbs are so parallel when you back them off it changes the brace so little as to be unmeasureable. And string and cables being what they are the ata doesn't change any measreable amount. The only thing that really changes much is the draw weight and the deflection of the limbs themselves.

Maybe I'm imagining things or the two bows are not set up exactly alike, but the Nemisis seems to have more letoff and comes to a more solid wall at full draw. It's probably me. I mean when you hit the draw stop the cam stops so the wall should feel the same. Or maybe it's just me liking a new toy to play with.
    Alien Mafia
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MLN1963 View Post
    I still think there are some glaring quality control issues at Martin on this one. Bottom line, you didn't get what you ordered. Sure, an assembly line worker can have a bad day and something can slip through the cracks. Two workers shouldn't be having the same bad day. If one bow has this many issues, how many other bows went out that day with one or more issues?

You seem to have the inside line to Martin. You would be doing them a big favor if you contacted someone with the proper authority and let them know what kind of product you got. There are too many good bow manufactures out there that Martin, or any brand for that matter, doesn't need this kind of publicity.
    I'll give Joel a call next week some time. Really, the only thing that is screwed up is the camo pattern and max draw weight, which I my or may not change. It's not a major issue with me, but I can see where it might be to other people. And yes, it should be dealt with for the sake of other peoples' orders.

As I stated about the riser color, I ordered an all black bow last year and got all carbon pattern. I expected a black powder coat. I called about it and found that Martin was having a problem with the vendor doing the powder coating so to keep the ball rolling they went with the film dip in the carbon pattern.

I had already talked to two people some months ago and neither led me to believe that it was different this year. At that time they didn't know either so there was no misrepresentation on their part.

My whole purpose in posting about these issues was just to let others know what to expect; that the black is carbon weave and that the bows are at least being assembled and checked prior to shipment. I'm sure as they get a few complaints the QC will improve.
    Alien Mafia
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

I'm curious how your conversation when with Joel? Just for my benefit what is Joel's position?
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

Something I have noticed is that on the Ryteras 60# and 70# bows - with the strings set at factory specs - max out at 1.5#-2.5# over. The 50# bows seem to max out at 4.5#-5.5# over. With either the 1.5's or 2.0's.
    Maybe that is to get the draw length correct.?.!??
    And just for reference this is with the Barnsdales.

50# 60# 70#
    AX 2.0 155 135 115
    AX 1.5 175 155 135
    AZ 2.0 175 155 135
    AZ 1.5 195 175 155
    NEM 2.0 155 135 115
    NEM 1.5 175 155 135

40# AX,NEM 175
    40# AZ 195

If I got it wrong I'm sure ya-all will tell me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spiker View Post
    Something I have noticed is that on the Ryteras 60# and 70# bows - with the strings set at factory specs - max out at 1.5#-2.5# over. The 50# bows seem to max out at 4.5#-5.5# over. With either the 1.5's or 2.0's.
    Maybe that is to get the draw length correct.?.!??
    And just for reference this is with the Barnsdales.

50# 60# 70#
    AX 2.0 155 135 115
    AX 1.5 175 155 135
    AZ 2.0 175 155 135
    AZ 1.5 195 175 155
    NEM 2.0 155 135 115
    NEM 1.5 175 155 135

40# AX,NEM 175
    40# AZ 195

If I got it wrong I'm sure ya-all will tell me.
    I never knew this before. In other words, just like Easton arrows, the lower the deflection # the stiffer the limb is? Good to know. Only problem is, my Nemisis peaks at 58# with 175 limbs. I'd be better off with 195 limbs and peak at about 48#. Right now the bow peaks at 48# with five turns off the limbs.
    Alien Mafia
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up rh stage 2

congrats on the new bow Barry , have fun