Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: New Bow

Post Thanks / Like

Barry, I'm curious how your conversation when with Joel? Just for my benefit what is Joel's position?
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MLN1963 View Post
    Barry, I'm curious how your conversation when with Joel? Just for my benefit what is Joel's position?
    Haven't talked with him yet. So far as I know he's a Tech rep working in the warranty department. What they officially call his position I do not know.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

OK, I finally took the time to call and Joel was the man I talked to. For information, he doesn't have a particular title, but he is, as I staed above, a Tech rep in the warranty dept.

Now, the issue about my Nemisis. I explained the limb camo issue and draw weight. He's going to look and see if they have a set of 195 deflection limbs in Bonz camo. He's not happy that two inspectors missed this.

Also, the bottom cam is a Nitro (Martin) and the top one is a Hybrix. There is no difference between them with the exception of the labeling. Even so, Hybrix is Rytera and Notro is Martin, and he is highly upset that these two got mixed up on my bow. He's sending me new cams. Also requested that I email him pics of them.

So in reference to MLN1963's post, there is going to be action taken to ensure that the customer gets what is ordered. This not a big deal to me, but may be to other customers and to ensure that QC is doing their part if anybody has issues with any future orders then it is prudent to let the factory know. If they don't get any feedback they have to assume all is well, when it may not be the case.

He's the one that upgraded my position to Admin to deal with spam and other issues here, and I conveyed to him the satisfaction all you guys have expressed.
    Alien Mafia
    PADI AOW Diver

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks again Barry for taking the time to help us on the forum and informing us on all the issues. Sounds like Joel is going to get things taken care of.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    OK, I finally took the time to call and Joel was the man I talked to. For information, he doesn't have a particular title, but he is, as I staed above, a Tech rep in the warranty dept.

Now, the issue about my Nemisis. I explained the limb camo issue and draw weight. He's going to look and see if they have a set of 195 deflection limbs in Bonz camo. He's not happy that two inspectors missed this.

Also, the bottom cam is a Nitro (Martin) and the top one is a Hybrix. There is no difference between them with the exception of the labeling. Even so, Hybrix is Rytera and Notro is Martin, and he is highly upset that these two got mixed up on my bow. He's sending me new cams. Also requested that I email him pics of them.

So in reference to MLN1963's post, there is going to be action taken to ensure that the customer gets what is ordered. This not a big deal to me, but may be to other customers and to ensure that QC is doing their part if anybody has issues with any future orders then it is prudent to let the factory know. If they don't get any feedback they have to assume all is well, when it may not be the case.

He's the one that upgraded my position to Admin to deal with spam and other issues here, and I conveyed to him the satisfaction all you guys have expressed.
    Sounds like the Martin CS that I know.

Post Thanks / Like

I have all the faith in the world in Martin's customer service dept. My dig is that the people working there should not have to do so much work. That's where QC comes into play. Get that straightened out and Martin's reputation for quality should get better, too.
    Alien Mafia
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad to see that someone at Martin is concerned. Had that happened to me I would have been PISSED to say the least. I know that this stuff was no big deal to you Barry but it is a big deal when looking at the big picture. You did the right thing by bringing it to Martin's attention and with any luck this will not happen to someone else.
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MLN1963 View Post
    I'm glad to see that someone at Martin is concerned. Had that happened to me I would have been PISSED to say the least. I know that this stuff was no big deal to you Barry but it is a big deal when looking at the big picture. You did the right thing by bringing it to Martin's attention and with any luck this will not happen to someone else.
    I agree, I would have ripped someone a new one just for the fact it's not what I had ordered & payed for. Maybe QC will step up.
    I'm a Lefty

2011 Martin Ridge Hunter
    2012 Rytera Alien Z
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds as if Joel will get those folks straightened out on just what their job is in QC, and hopefully Martin reputation will improve amoungst the un-knowing masses.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Bow looks really nice,i really like that carbon look it has.Looks futuristic just like the bow.