Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: upgrading firecat pro-x

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    What's this?!? A Gatling machine gun has a simpler design i think
    I think you're right.

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

OK, now that I know what upgrades have been done to my bow, saved me a ton of money from what I understand. I am thinking about personalizing it. New string and cables, new dip on the limbs and new custom limb stickers. Perhaps I could get some ideas from you guys where to go to have these things done. I am thinking the hardest one will be the limb stickers. Would this be able to be done by one of you guys on the forum? Would I have to send the bow in to make sure of the string and cables length? PM me and we can go over what I am looking for and a ball park figure. Don't like to talk money on an open forum. Thanks all.

Post Thanks / Like

Aren't the limb srickers just decals? Those are pretty easy to do.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

sorry, bad choice of words. yes limb decals.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cyclepath View Post
    New string and cables, new dip on the limbs and new custom limb stickers. Perhaps I could get some ideas from you guys where to go to have these things done. I am thinking the hardest one will be the limb stickers. Would this be able to be done by one of you guys on the forum? Would I have to send the bow in to make sure of the string and cables length?
    Never really got any replys on this but I trust a few of you should be able to help me out on some of these things. Thanks guys.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought rather than start a new thread I would just continue this one. I have been looking at as many firecats as I could find and I am trying to understand what it is that I bought. Is there a way to tell for sure if the bow is a firecat pro-x? I can't find a serial # anywhere on the bow. I can't really tell if I am reading everything right But this is what I have found. The cams on the bow have cat 2 on them so I assume Thats what It has. There is no sticker on the bottom limb that has the bow info on it. Both limbs just have martin on them. The upper limb has 4H 6/10 on it and the bottom limb has 4HC 6/10 on it. Does this mean the limbs are 2010 limbs and the cams were changed from cat to cat 2 or were cat 2's on the 2008 models. Wish I knew how to post pics on here. What is your take on this?
    This was from an earlier post describing what had been done to the bow.

Post Thanks / Like

Default posting pics

"Wish I knew how to post pics on here."

After reading the resizing stickey at the top of the page, open this window;

http://www.imagelinky.com/

Click browse, find your image, Click open, click upload, copy bottom link and paste where you want your image to appear.
    So easy that even old gomers like me can do it.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

No Cat2 cams on the 2008 model. Just guessing but if there is no limb sticker then I'd say the limbs were changed. Here's a way to tell if they are 2010 limbs. Measure the width of them. 2010 limbs are 1 1/2" wide. Before that they were 1 7/8". If the limbs are 1 1/2" then they are 2010 limbs, rorto ups and cams.

As for the cams. The original Cat cams have a cable take-up hub near the center of the cam. This hub has a cable groove that tracks straight. The 2010 cams have the same groove but it is spiraled. I'll try to post a pic of the new cam so you can see it.

The older cam is not compatable with the 2010 limbs, as cam lean would be very severe, even at rest.

OK, I found the pic I wanted. Notice that the cable angles as it rolls around the hub. This is a 2010 cam.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Never really got any replys on this but I trust a few of you should be able to help me out on some of these things. Thanks guys.
    Alot of good string makers out there,not sure when Hutch will be up and running maaybe pm him.Been hearing alot of good things about Pro-strings.
    You can buy a DIY camo dip kit.
    http://www.camodipkit.com/
    And decals can be made at most autographics places,they can usually make what ever you want
    2011 Firecat 400
    2013 PSE Drive
    2012 PSE Brute X

Post Thanks / Like

I recommend H&M Bowstrings(www.hmbowstrings.com) He does great work and he is the least expensive of the quality string makers. I had a set made for a Firecat and they were flawless.
    2010 Alien X
    29"/70#
    353gr GT Velocity XT 400 @ 320fps
    370gr GT Velocity Hunter 300 @ 315fps
    Tru-Fire Hurricane Release
    NAP Apache Rest
    Black Gold AMP 3 pin sight
    Limbsaver stabilizer
    G5 Montec