Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: has anyone upgraded to winners chioice and had problems?

Post Thanks / Like

Default has anyone upgraded to winnerschioice and had problems?

well a few weeks back i was talking about upgrading my string to some winnerschoice.first reson is ive been told to toss the stock string.second is winnerschoice is made in my home state of oregon.i like to keep it local ya know.the problem is i orded it about 3 or more weeks ago and the first time it came in the string was for a hoyt all jackd up so they sent it back and reorderd.second time it came in the string was a right fit but the rap around the string for the nocking point was off an inch or a bit more.now the shop has my bow because they want to put it on and make sure it fits befor i drive an hour there and a hour back.once againim waiting for string to come in.so has anyone else had problems with winnerschoice?. i really want my bow bak,i feel a bit naked with out it......your local neiborhood friendly gravedigger...i look forward to your input,answers and general insight
    Last edited by gravedigger; 02-25-2011 at 05:18 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I would call a custom string maker rather than a mass produce place.

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I second that!

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

i am giving them onemore chance.i did pay for it allready.if its wrong this time around then im getting my money back and going with somthing else.and it was 120 for the string

Post Thanks / Like

$120 for a winners choice string ????

Post Thanks / Like

string and cabel.120 is what the shop charged me.

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Trendy brand name that is why it costs so much. Most string builders are $50.-$70 dollars of the same quality.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

gravediggermtv winners choice strings are some of the best in the industry. hands down! i think i spent 100+ over a year ago, amazing is the word i use over old factory strings, peep hasn't moved since, d loop hasn't moved since. fps went up, over 4ooo shots since no infamous tuning problems at all, dont get buyers remourse yet call winners choice if your not happy, they'll take care of you, you won't be sorry when it comes to performance.

Post Thanks / Like

winners choice phone no. is 541-575-0818

SonnyThomas

Default has anyone upgraded to winners chioice and had problems?

Okay, this all your fault. You picked on another one of my dislikes of archery.
    Buying something that is not needed.

Winner's Choice is fairly good at sending what is ordered so I wonder if some one else didn't screw up.

Next, so there was something wrong with the strings you had or just got conned into switching?

I don't switch out new strings, period. I've dealt with enough strings that the only ones that get pitch are the ones that keep on stretching. Just like right now, I know of 3 Martins, Bengal, Leopard, and Slayer, 2008 models, that still have the factory strings and still going strong. Yes, one took a bit of playing with, but the owner is happy to have had to invest in a new set of strings. And yes, some strings just take longer to settle down. Is it so terrible to go through a 1000 shots to settle down your strings, get 15,000 shots out of them and save a $120 and waiting period for installing new strings?

Me, I have a Hoyt UltraTec with the FUSE strings that are just about old enough to vote, no creep, no stretch, no peep twist. And what do I hear? FUSE strings are junk. Just this past summer I changed out a set of FUSE strings that had some 15,000 shots on them - Changed only because I got a new set to try.... M&R Strings. Won't tell you the price because you'll cry.

Winners' Choice has been around long enough it can demand a hefty price, but like some already said, there are other top quality string producers. I have 3 to chose from for the shop. M&R, Kent's and Chillicothe Custom Strings. Chillicothe is a bit higher, $10, but he builds within 24 hours of order and he guarantees me 48 hours delivery because we are so close - hand delivers, not postal.