Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: has anyone upgraded to winners chioice and had problems?

Post Thanks / Like

What about Vapor Trails? They seem to get lots of good reviews and they seemed priced just right and heard nothing but good things on their customer service. Did check out the M & R site and they are in the same ball park though price wise.
    2010 Bengal,63#, 28dl, Easton ST Excels 400s @ 27.5", GT 5575s @ 27.5", or Beman 400s @ 27.5, ST 100 Magnums/Grim Reapers, older WB, Bonecollector 1100 Sights, LimbSaver "S" coil stabilizer, Grayling four arrow quiver, nocturnal nocks, Hutch-n-Sons cable/strings

Post Thanks / Like

"Trendy brand name that is why it costs so much. Most string builders are $50.-$70 dollars of the same quality."

Hutch
    2010 Bengal Tru Ball Cyclone, GWS Pro Hunter Single Pin Sight, Bodoodle Zapper 300, S-Coil Stabilizer, STS, Grayling Four arrow quiver. Hutch~n~Son Archery custom built string. The Super Shooter! take a look!
    http://s745.photobucket.com/albums/x...t=101_2268.mp4

Get that new jig set up yet, Hutch?
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elkslayer4x5 View Post
    "Trendy brand name that is why it costs so much. Most string builders are $50.-$70 dollars of the same quality."

Hutch
    2010 Bengal Tru Ball Cyclone, GWS Pro Hunter Single Pin Sight, Bodoodle Zapper 300, S-Coil Stabilizer, STS, Grayling Four arrow quiver. Hutch~n~Son Archery custom built string. The Super Shooter! take a look!
    http://s745.photobucket.com/albums/x...t=101_2268.mp4

Get that new jig set up yet, Hutch?
    Agreed, I have WC's on an older bow. I also have had Bucknasty, Prostrings, and some by Mike Myers, a local guy here and frankly all three were nicer in appearance and just as stable as the WC's, but for about half the cost.

Not bashing WC as they average about $100 a set (retail) and if your shop charged you $20 to install them then that's a fair price for the labor. All some of us are saying is that many string makers have adopted the quality procedures of prestretching, twisting, and serving under tension that WC started doing years ago. They just aren't as expensive. You don't always have to pay a premium for quality.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch~n~Son Archery View Post
    Trendy brand name that is why it costs so much. Most string builders are $50.-$70 dollars of the same quality.

Hutch
    Don't some of the members on this forum that make strings? Is there a list of those members anywhere?
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

from the get go i have had peep twist with the stock string,ive got well over 4000 shots on the stock string.and yes it was still in good shape.but i have herd great thing about wc and well i like to suport my local shops even if it does cost a bit more.im sure i will get my moneys worth if its corect this time around.if not im geting a refund and going someware else.the snow has came in and i want to go shoot the 3d corse.it too much fun in the snow.the shop i go through called wc infont of me the second time gave them all specs,told them what needs to be fixed,and are offering me a 6pk of muzzys and shipping my bow to my front door for free when its all corect.so the price will be at 83 dollars when all is said and done.and really the shop did not have to do that because it was not ther fault.wc better get it right this time or someone else is geting my money.

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I build strings and I understand a lot of string builders have a hard time with specs. I know my own bow was not in normal specs. I have built a few strings for people and I had no problem, I had the bow in hand. But I have built strings for some customers 5 states over, with out the bow in hand. That gets a little more difficult. So I usually send them a form to fill out so I have the exact measurements. Thus solving the problem of remaking a string. So buying WC'S isn't a problem to me. It is the cost that is involved. But they have to make their overhead so who am I to say.

I hope it works out well for you gravediggermtv. And hopefully the next time you need a string I will have my shop at least half finished so I can build you a string at half the $120. And if you stay on here long enough we will show you how to do it yourself.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

And hopefully the next time you need a string I will have my shop at least half finished so I can build you a string at half the $120. And if you stay on here long enough we will show you how to do it yourself.
    Hutch
    I will stay tuned for string building 101.
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

I build strings and I understand a lot of string builders have a hard time with specs. I know my own bow was not in normal specs. I have built a few strings for people and I had no problem, I had the bow in hand. But I have built strings for some customers 5 states over, with out the bow in hand. That gets a little more difficult. So I usually send them a form to fill out so I have the exact measurements. Thus solving the problem of remaking a string. So buying WC'S isn't a problem to me. It is the cost that is involved. But they have to make their overhead so who am I to say.

I hope it works out well for you gravediggermtv. And hopefully the next time you need a string I will have my shop at least half finished so I can build you a string at half the $120. And if you stay on here long enough we will show you how to do it yourself.

Hutch
    oh ya i will be on here for as long as i have internet.this place is a welth of knowladge.im allways lookng to learn and thats wht ive been doing.as far as wc,i really hope they get it right.i want to fling some arrows.only 6 months till elk seson.i would for sure have you build me a string for my nex bow.this wc should last me a bit.

Post Thanks / Like

well i just got my bow back.i could not wait,so i called the shop just to see ware they were at on it,and well they just got done with the set up and were getting ready to call ther ups guy to come pick it up..i said NO im on my way.there is no way i could have waited another week.im not good at hurry up and wait.the set up is nice i like it alot now that i can shoot.also i got a good friend of mine to pic out a bow.in no way shape or form did i coax him on what to get.he shot a few differnt brands and went with the exile.100% pacage 450$.we have another member of the martin family

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gravediggermtv View Post
    .100% pacage 450$.we have another member of the martin family
    What did he get in the package for $450? That is a good deal if it is everything.
    Firecat 400