Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finally warmed up +19....

Post Thanks / Like

Default Finally warmed up +19....

Well finally got to get some shooting in today after this warm up that's only supposed to last two days but it felt good. Used some tips from folks on here and got the slight kick to the left fixed and sighted in out to 40 yds with 4 arrows within 3 inch circle after already shooting over 50 shots so even getting tired thought that was pretty good. Long way to go to build the archery muscles back up, lol. Never would have felt that confident with the old PSE at that range after that many shots. Think I'll put a 50 on just for fun or if decide to chase antelope this year. Only problem I had was the two rubber limb savers didn't stay stuck in the cold so now to try to figure out how to make them stay put. Maybe a dab of gorilla glue. Can really tell a difference in noise without them. Anyway thought I'd give an update on this inferior set up of mine, lol.
    2010 Bengal,63#, 28dl, Easton ST Excels 400s @ 27.5", GT 5575s @ 27.5", or Beman 400s @ 27.5, ST 100 Magnums/Grim Reapers, older WB, Bonecollector 1100 Sights, LimbSaver "S" coil stabilizer, Grayling four arrow quiver, nocturnal nocks, Hutch-n-Sons cable/strings

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by parttimr View Post
    Well finally got to get some shooting in today after this warm up that's only supposed to last two days but it felt good. Used some tips from folks on here and got the slight kick to the left fixed and sighted in out to 40 yds with 4 arrows within 3 inch circle after already shooting over 50 shots so even getting tired thought that was pretty good. Long way to go to build the archery muscles back up, lol. Never would have felt that confident with the old PSE at that range after that many shots. Think I'll put a 50 on just for fun or if decide to chase antelope this year. Only problem I had was the two rubber limb savers didn't stay stuck in the cold so now to try to figure out how to make them stay put. Maybe a dab of gorilla glue. Can really tell a difference in noise without them. Anyway thought I'd give an update on this inferior set up of mine, lol.
    Sounds like you got it dialed inMan don't put your bow down like that,nothing wrong with that set-up,it will kill just as good as any other bow.
    And stop the teasing about the weather,don't you know some of us are snow boundNever had my LS come off,but have heard of guys using super glue and having no problems.

Enjoy your weather

SL
    2011 Firecat 400
    2013 PSE Drive
    2012 PSE Brute X

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Brad, limb savers are more vibration stoppers than noise stoppers. On the not sticking, if you look up their company on the web and find the phone number, then call and tell them they didn't stick, the will send you new pads. My sons did the same and he found the phone number and called them and they mailed them for free. Glad to see you got some shooting in.

Hutch

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

@SL: the inferior set up is a running joke with a few folks on here and how the AT guys think you have to shoot overpriced bows to accomplish things.

@Hutch: Know about the vibration -vs- noise but still seemed a bit louder once they fell off. Will try to contact them to get replacements. Thanks.
    2010 Bengal,63#, 28dl, Easton ST Excels 400s @ 27.5", GT 5575s @ 27.5", or Beman 400s @ 27.5, ST 100 Magnums/Grim Reapers, older WB, Bonecollector 1100 Sights, LimbSaver "S" coil stabilizer, Grayling four arrow quiver, nocturnal nocks, Hutch-n-Sons cable/strings

Post Thanks / Like

That is because the bow is vibrating like a tuning fork after a shot. Take away the vibration and the sound will disappear too!

Hutch

Post Thanks / Like

@SL: the inferior set up is a running joke with a few folks on here and how the AT guys think you have to shoot overpriced bows to accomplish things.

Ahh,something like the onion,should have noticed the LOL at the end.
    2011 Firecat 400
    2013 PSE Drive
    2012 PSE Brute X

Post Thanks / Like

Seems like most of us on here are kind of stuck with shooting inferior equipment. Fun, ain;t it?????

And what's this obcession with onions lately? How about we change to turnips. At least they'll grow under the snow!!! That's what I like about this site. We make an attempt to level the playing field for everyone.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

@Hutch: Got onto their website and sent a msg to CS we'll see what they say.

@bfisher: If this inferior equipment keeps shooting like it does I'll just keep on smiling all the way to the freezer next season.

Post Thanks / Like

Well just couldn't resist. Got up to +25 and had to go shoot some more this time sitting down from the blind. After two dozen more I am re-fletching two and need to replace the nock on one. Any good ideas to get the nock out from inside the shaft? Already know to boil the wraps to peel them off. This darn bow is causing me work now, but I like it.

Post Thanks / Like

Outer limits Archery has a tool they sell to get nocks out. It is a tee handle with a screw on it. Take a look at it.
    http://www.outerlimitarchery.com/pro-puller-set.html
    You might be able to make something like it at home. I drill mine out but you need to be real careful. Sound like your getting to good good for you.
    Happy shooting!

Hutch