Thread: Lost Treasure from 1980

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lost Treasure from 1980

I was taken by suprise, while visiting my mothers house... was shocked that she had run across a long lost hidden treasure.. A split on the center wooden shaft robin hood.. seems like I had stuck it on top of trim inside of my bed room closet in 79 or 80. Then With girls and cars, forgoten it was there.. thought about it over the years wondering what ever happend to it..
    And just a few weaks ago, my mom walks down the hall of my childhood home...
    and says "I bet this is your's".... so here it is folks ole school hood, Busted up so many wood shafts back then but for some reason this one was safely hidden away
    Attached Images Attached Images
    It's all fun an games till you put that big boy on the ground.. now its time to get to work
    Martin cougarIII elite nitrous C cam X system & HHA
    Darton Fury recurve

http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/

Post Thanks / Like

Do you remember this shot?
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

Post Thanks / Like

I had thought about it over the years..mostly when some would ask " hey you ever ?" or when mythbusters did the, spliting an arrow show.

I have searched the data base I call a brain, An am happy to say " YES I do"

Wont sit here an type how it was 8:49, sun was shining, wind was from the west etc
    I can say the sun was shinning, sence I was raised In Calif
    Also can say It was with a 54" 45lb recurve that i was going to try an take a deer / Hog with @ 14 years old.. Was quite the adventure..

I have tore up so many over the years.
    when I was a pup, Dad took me to the range an we would shoot with his bud's. Now as you all know, The kid always has to shoot last. Ok fine but it was not my falt they had there stuff in my way

They would get mad I tore up or wreck there arrows,, Dad would just smile and say " he wont hit your stuff if you just keep it out of the bull eye"
    Was reminded of this, in the 7th grade . Jr high school P.E. teacher - also my wrestling coach , was one of the guys we shot with... and when it came time for archery in school I was elected as a teacher Aid so no shootin for me "just help the others, you already know how to shoot" he would say..
    finding this lost to me but never realy forgotten robin hood has been a great trip for me, back into my youth.

sorry for the book. but i was on a roll
    It's all fun an games till you put that big boy on the ground.. now its time to get to work
    Darton Fury recurve

Post Thanks / Like

That's a good story. And this is someone else's arrow which makes the robinhood even more pleasant
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    That's a good story. And this is someone else's arrow which makes the robinhood even more pleasant
    Sorry to report it was his own arrow that he split, on the field range, he just tore up feathers and nocks, but he came close to robin hooding lots of em, I'd stand back and listen to the rest of the group hold their breath while he shot. Yeah, I loved it!
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elkslayer4x5 View Post
    I'd stand back and listen to the rest of the group hold their breath while he shot. Yeah, I loved it!
    I'm sure you did.

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

4x5 reminded me that I had left out a few key points..

Quote Originally Posted by ElkSlayer View Post
    54" 45lb recurve shooting @ 40+ yards Instinctive, (no sights)

that i was going to try an take a deer / Hog with @ 14 years old.. Was quite the adventure.. this was done with a ole bear glue on BH

I have tore up so many over the years. I used to just picked up the carnage, salvaged what i could tossed the rest
    I eventually taught my self the habit of aiming at a new spot...
    Darton Fury recurve